Hollow braided line sample

Started by Black Pearl, December 09, 2011, 09:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

As most of you guys might know that I am in a project to come out with a new braided fishing line. A sample of 80# 5600m line is in process. In the meanwhile, I have received few requests from few members (Alan T.) about the hollow braided line. Therefore, I will have about 4000m of 40# and 130# hollow braided line (16 threads of Dyneema fiber) to be tested in the color of #38 (Alan's requested).

If you are interested to test this line, please let me know by e-mail, and I will let you know in more details.

By the way, I am going to name this line "Black Pearl" under the Pro Challenger logo.

Thanks,
--Alan Chui

Reinaard van der Vossen

I'm interested and only need 5-6 meters. Will not test the line myself though, I don't have the equipment. You can PM me as wel cause I don't have to be in the middle.

Apart from that the 16 strand sounds interesting. Is the 16 strand for all classes?

jlw1972

Black Pearl

Quote from: Reinaard van der Vossen on December 10, 2011, 12:15:46 AM
I'm interested and only need 5-6 meters. Will not test the line myself though, I don't have the equipment. You can PM me as wel cause I don't have to be in the middle.

Apart from that the 16 strand sounds interesting. Is the 16 strand for all classes?
Any line class more than 40#, we will use 16 threads.

Black Pearl

Quote from: jlw1972 on December 10, 2011, 01:41:47 AM
Sent you a PM Black Pearl.
Hi Joey,

When it comes time, I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
--Alan C.

Thubert57

Wish I'd have seen this thread in time to spool a 320 with 200 yards of 80# for Striper fishing in the lower Chesapeake.
Norfolk Anglers Club

Piskada

The 40# hollow, is it easy to work with? Tried the JBHollow 40#, it was very difficult to splice.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Piskada on April 22, 2012, 06:30:19 AM
The 40# hollow, is it easy to work with? Tried the JBHollow 40#, it was very difficult to splice.
I gave Bryan Young and Alan T. few samples to play with. Bryan actually had the sample 30# and 40# hollow samples. You will have to wait for his reply on that. The old JBhollow 40# is not really a hollow line at all. That is why it is very hard to splice. I think Western Filament, which made JB's products, came out with a new 40# hollow. Therefore, JB will also has the same new 40# hollow comes to the market. That new 40# hollow does work because it is 12 strands line, but the old one is 8 strands that was why it was not truly hollow.

Our 40# hollow is 16 strands, but it is very expense. We don't even think it can compete with JB's new 40# hollow line in price. I don't know how much that new JB's 40# hollow line is going to be, but it will be little expensive than the old 40# hollow.

Bryan Young

40# hollow is spiceable, but you need patiences and good eyes.  But one you get the hang of it, it's doable.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Here is a picture of Black Pearl's 40#, 16 strand hollow core braided line with an extra small DaHo loop splicing needle Model LS0250 (0.025 in. OD).   If you want to do a loop to loop, and use a latch needle, I would recommend using the extra small needle to open up the braid first hen run the latch needle since the latch needle is a little bigge, and it's a little difficult to get it started.  Once the braid opens up, the small needle is not a problem.

I also have 40# Jerry Brown, and the Black Pearl is much easier to get the splicing needle in than Jerry Brown.  But, you are probably talking about twice the cost of JB versus Black Pearl.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D