OMOTO VS12 "Predator" 2-Speeds

Started by Black Pearl, December 10, 2011, 05:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Here is a preview of an OMOTO VS12 "Predator" 2-speeds reel. The name "Predator" is going to change. As you all know that VS12 is the same size as AVET MXL.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
--Alan C.

dobrobill

I purchased the VS12 and find it a tight ready to go reel right out of the box. The free spool is about perfect for surf fishing (live and cut bait)and the drag is very very adjustable without resetting anything. I can move it just a touch and get about 3 pounds and when moved to the top I think it will pop my 25 pound test. The drag slider really can put the braking hammer down. I tied the line to a tree and pulled,popped and tugged on it from 25-30 yards and it is smooth as silk. On a 7 foot stiff butt medium tip rod I can cast 2 ounces 95 yards with no effort  and very very little thumb at the end. Can't wait to put some real weight on to throw into the jetty surf. The clicker is very loud and I love the double dog click when reeling. The reel has very clean lines a nice logo and info etchings. This type of reel is new to me but I found it very easy to adjust to and it may even replace my beloved squidders. Alan the seller of these reels, is a really nice guy that follows the product to ones door to make sure it arrives as it should. He is a dedicated person to the reel, his company and support.

Dominick

Alan:  Would you say this reel is about the same size as the Penn Torque 100?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

i've got a torque 100 on the bench right now. i think it's pretty close........
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Black Pearl

Quote from: Pescachaser on January 06, 2012, 05:15:48 AM
Alan:  Would you say this reel is about the same size as the Penn Torque 100?  Dominick
Actually, the VS-12 is the same size as AVET MXL.