mi casa es su casa

Started by alantani, December 11, 2011, 09:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

it's an interesting mix of people that we have here.  lots of different cultures, lots of different temperments, and even a few with different agendas.  to me, it doesn't matter.  if you showed up at my door around dinnertime, you would be welcomed in as an old friend.  i'd pour you a drink, or just crack open a beer, pull out another chair, set another place at the table, and set you down for dinner with me and the family.  it would be "mi casa es su casa" (my house is your house) in the best of old spanish tradition.  it is my responsibility to make everyone here feel welcomed, like an old family friends.  but "mi casa es su casa" carries with it responsibilities for the guests as well.  it requires that all of you be well mannered and never disturb the peace and tranquility of our home.  you are responsible for repairing any damage that you cause.  and, at the end of the evening, you are all obliged to leave this home a little richer than you found it.  you don't have to leave a quarter on the toilet every time you flush.  for me, it is reward enough to have simply enjoyed the pleasure of your company.  those are the rules of "mi casa es su casa."  

please think about that when you write your next post, or edit your last.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

I would love to come in and share a glass of wine with you and also meet your wonderful family,Alan... as long as you get that darn gun off the table ;D...I've seen your shooting ;D. Seriously, I see what you mean, Alan. I don't know if you noticed or if you keep track on this matter, but a couple of guys here , including myself, have really cleaned our act from the past. It really gives you a better feeling when you keep it nice and clean. I want to take this opportunity to thank you and your helpers, for all of your hard work and effort in making this site what it is today. I appreciate it! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jimmer

Well said Alan, and thank you kindly for your hospitality, it is greatly appreciated! - Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

redsetta

Good call Sal.
Alan and the moderator team do a great job.
It's a unique site and a privilege to contribute.
If any of you are heading down my way, be sure to get in touch.
Would love repay some of the hospitality!  ;)
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

this site is unique,i hope it stays that way.merry xmas ladies gents children and others

Dominick

Quote from: redsetta on December 11, 2011, 10:28:32 PM
Good call Sal.
Alan and the moderator team do a great job.
It's a unique site and a privilege to contribute.
If any of you are heading down my way, be sure to get in touch.
Would love repay some of the hospitality!  ;)
All the best, Justin
Justin:  Thanks for the invite, but I get confused when I am in the area, do I make a right or left at Fiji?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

...second star to the right, and straight on till morning. ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

I can't get enough of this site: the humor, knowledge, camaraderie, and the overall willingness to help a fellow fisherman/woman in a bind.  I for one would have never even tried to crack open a reel without this site let alone work on charter captain's reels.  It's a pleasure to come to a hot cup o' joe, a smoke (gotta quit it's nasty!), and Alan tani.com... I do it almost every day.  The moderators do a great job keeping it clean, and I have to agree (with Sal) I have definitely toned it down because of that, and I like it!  It's not to go "where everybody knows your name"  ;)
I would love to go out with some fellow AT members when the spring hits... let me know boys!  ...Mi barco es su barco
....Sal, I'm gonna come to your house and drag you and Anthony outta there this year!

Thanks to Alan and the mod's for making this site special... hope it never changes!
Dom

Bryan Young

I'm pretty much speachless with you guys and gals.  Bravo for helping in making this site welcoming and accepting for the teaching and learning of reel maintenance, repair, and hotrodding.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

as we say in hawaii, shaka bruddah oh and wahine's too!

Steve-O

Great post and a very concise reminder of courtesy, manners and (n)etiquette.  I grew up an "army brat" and learned military courtesy. That meant the proper yes-sirs and yes ma'ams as well as a "may I please be excused from the table?" Without saying any mess made was cleaned up with all speed.

Love the site for all the contents, I treasure the site for it's participants!

So... Alan and Mod Team - If I ever "soil the carpet" so to speak with any posts....please feel free to take me out to the woodshed and tan my hide   :o :o :o after you have me clean up the mess.

Best Holiday Wishes to All!

Steve-O