A couple of builds for a friend ...

Started by Alto Mare, July 20, 2020, 09:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Those came out perfect Sal. The parts available here are second to none, coupled with your skills at building them, can't get better.
Hope there's more of those Ted/Tom bases available again, I got a few ,wish I had gotten more!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

broadway

Sal, You're a wizard with Penn reels.  If this was 150 years ago you'd be burned at the stake for performing witchcraft on these reels... making them come alive.
Nice job on a pair of reels for a heck of a guy/angler.
Best to you both,
Dom

Penn Chronology

QuoteGet yourself this tool on line for a couple of dollars, trust me it will make the job of installing the E-clip much easier

The modern E Clip tool is great. Penn included specific size E Clip tools in the tool kit that was sold in the early 1980's.

Penn Chronology

broadway

Okay, Mike, now that's sweet! I have never seen a complete tool kit... theres always something missing.  I don't have a block, but I have a couple tools from one.
Thanks for showing.
Dom

Alto Mare

Thank you guys!
Mike, that is one nice kit!
Thanks for sharing.
Coming from an Aviation mechanic it confirms that the E-clip makes the job easier.

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

xjchad

I'm speechless Sal!

Every time I think I'm putting together a nice reel, I see one from you, Fred, Ted, or one of the other Masters on here and I am humbled again.

Beautiful work!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Alto Mare

Quote from: mo65 on July 21, 2020, 10:45:12 PM
Great lookin' work Sal! 8)
Thank you Mo!
Quote from: xjchad on July 21, 2020, 10:50:03 PM
I'm speechless Sal!

Every time I think I'm putting together a nice reel, I see one from you, Fred, Ted, or one of the other Masters on here and I am humbled again.

Beautiful work!!
Don't cut yourself short buddy, we've all seen what you can do.
And so does the man above you, Mo is also a good part of the team.
Yes we are a team here, there isn't just one guy and I believe we are doing a great job, especially the guys that make these parts available to us.
Yes these kits could get up there, but if you take everything vinto consideration, it's a small price.
That 6/0 really amazed me on how nice it went together and working to perfection.
Reels for generations to come and always get the job done!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

You make it look too easy Sal. You deserve a lot of credit for your collaboration to Alan C and Tom H so these parts could all go together like a Swiss watch and Sherman tank all rolled up in one. Thanks for building these Sal. Can't wait to get my paws on them. Love the hang tag, and once I get those reels, the hangtags will become brag tags and will always stay with the reel !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Thank you Ted, you're too kind.
Yes I've been helping out with Alan, but not so much with Tom.
He's prutty much on it.
Every once in a while I do send a small suggestion and he's always appreciative about it.
I think Daron did help him with the cut outs for the second dog on the 9/0.
That man has been quiet, I hope all is good which him.

Enjoy the reels buddy!

Sal

Donnyboat

Great build Sal nice work, love it, Dominic 100 or 99, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

Looks fantastic,,,,,, ;) great job uncle sal,,,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

milne

I continue to be in Awe, by yourself Sal and others here.
Brilliant.......

Col