Shimano Beastmaster 50/80 reel part

Started by eric, December 15, 2011, 08:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric

Hi Alan/all

I have a 50/80 Shimano Triton Beastmaster that has lost the overstrike release button off the drag control lever. 

The 1989 reel  schematic has the drag control lever and button as 'one' part (TT 0015C).....which seems a little odd.

I see that the later Triton Trolling series of reels also have the same/similar release button on their drag control levers....would they be the same?

I have had no joy finding the part (button) in Australia, and have heard that Glen Parmaran of the Reel Connection in the USA is the 'go to' person for Beastmaster parts. Would anyone have email contact details for Glen/The Reel Connection that they could forward to me please?

Appreciate any help

Regards
Eric

alantani

this is all i have but i'm not sure it's current.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=55.0  i also checked the tubs of shimano parts i have, and i don't have that one.  sorry.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

eric

Many thanks for that Alan. I will continue emailing tackle shops/ shimano repairers as I come across them.

Would you happen to have Glen's email contact details?

Thanks again

Regards
Eric

Paleoreelist

Hi Eric

I have made a few calls here in the UK and have found the part you are looking for, the part is 12.50 GBP.

Conact:  Felindre Servicing in Swansea they have a web site.
If you have any problems pm me.

Ron
The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a Y.

eric

Appreciate your assistance Paleoreelist.

I have emailed Felindre Servicing for the part.

Regards
Eric

eric

Hi Paleoreelist

I got the 50/80 Beastmaster part from Felindre Servicing in the mail today. Please pass on my appreciation to James next time you see him.

He sent me a whole drag lever (with release button). Would you/Alan know if there is much difficulty in replacing the whole drag lever assembly?

I note that Alan did not pull apart the drag assembly etc on the 4/0 Beastmaster in his 2008 tutorial....just a bit worried that I might not follow the correct steps etc.

Could you/Alan please let me know, or is it a straight forward procedure?

Thanks again and have a great New Year.

Regards
Eric

Paleoreelist

Hi Eric,

Glad to hear you got your parts ok, I have never worked on 4/0 size Beastmaster but LD's are usualy pretty straight forward to work on.

All the best for 2012!

Ron.
The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a Y.

alantani

you know, i don't know.  that was a very long time ago.  it should be straight in, straight out.......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!