Sealine Sl30sh pinion gear damaged

Started by Mrc70, August 16, 2020, 03:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrc70

Hello. I have an Sl30sh with a damaged pinion gear (part E31-6201). A few of the teeth are damaged. I looked everywhere online but cannot find the part for sale. Does anyone know where I can buy this part. Or, is there any way to repair the teeth on the pinion gear? 

oc1

Quote from: Mrc70 on August 16, 2020, 03:14:02 AM
any way to repair the teeth on the pinion gear?  

Use a needle file with thin triangular cross section.  Every needle file set will have one.  This one is top of the line and the cost for one file is as much as some needle file sets.  
https://www.riogrande.com/product/friedrich-dick-safe-edge-barrette-needle-files/1147551gp

It is  possible to make it worse by filing. but you have nothing left to loose at this point.
-steve

Cor

I once tried this with much patience after a spring got in to the gears.   It got only slightly better and not worth the trouble.   I used it once and decided I had to use my credit card rather then a file.
Cornelis

Bryan Young

Have you tried contacting Daiwa directly?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Mrc70

Thanks guys. I will be contacting Daiwa if the file doesn't work.

Mrc70

Update:  the triangular file did the trick!  Thank you Steve!

Bryan Young

BTW, if the pinion gear is damaged, the main gear is surely damaged.

Does the slosh 20 gear fit the 30?  If so, and you cannot get one from Daiwa, I think I have a set that I was saving for my reel back up but would sell if You need it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Mrc70

Thanks for the offer!  The main gear was not damaged, only the pinion gear. I damaged the pinion when trying to get it unstuck from the spool shaft. It's all good now. Thanks.