To many washers or?

Started by AllenW, December 17, 2011, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenW

OK, whew! I think we're headed in the right direction now...maybe.. :)

Funny they would ship one washer I don't use, and not both the larger ones for both sides of the gear??

I also bought washers for two other reels and I'm hesitant to see what happens there.   :-\

Great service, but considering she asked me for the number under the foot, I'd guess I didn't get all the parts I needed?

Sounds like a email to them is needed.

Thanks all.
Al

ps...got the reel all back together, no extra parts and it seems to work well, this reel had a drag that was a bit sticky and that seems to be gone now, thanks all.

Keta

There is so many various drag configurations for ABU reels that the kits come with several washers.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dawn

Hi
Actually it's the wrong set...sorry  :-[

Keep the one large washer....that will go UNDER the main gear, I will mail you the larger one for inside the main gear.

Usually the set I sent you goes in 1987 and previous models, the one you have in your reel is usually for 87, 88, 89 models, but there are sometimes surprises
with these Abu reels.

Dawn

Dawn

AllenW

Thanks Dawn for straightening this and the 6600C5 question I had out, great customer service!

Does look like you could go nuts trying to keep all these changes straight.   ;D

Al

Dawn

Thanks   ;D
You should get the other washer pretty quick.

Older Abu's can be pretty tricky....changing gearing but keeping the same model number.

Dawn