Daiwa Sealine 900 - vintage

Started by etcc, August 26, 2020, 05:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etcc

Hi Guys,
happy to become part of the group.

I'm in touch for an old Sealine 900 in excellent status. My concern is the differerence with the "new" Sealine 900H (aluminium frame?) and availability of spares. This one seems to be identical to the Senator 9/0.

Would you be so kind to help me to make the right choice?

Thank you!

Dominick

Nice.  Someone put the eccentric switch on backwards.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rancanfish

I am not a fan of that version. (Nor Penn 9/0). And I bet it's the same style but not identical.  The AL framed one is more stout from the start. Then a 5 stack drag and a power handle and you are in biz.  You can also add a Cortez Conversions stainless gear sleeve and you are approaching bullet proof.

If you aren't going to fish with it,  I think that pic is of a very nice reel.  It will take up a big part of a shelf!   ;D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Rancanfish

Hey Dominick,  look close.  Is that the correct lever?  Seems way too short to turn around.

Brewcrafter

And it looks like the harness lug is in the way.  Possibly the harness lugs are "clocked" wrong, it looks like they are mounted independent of the beauty rings. - john

Rancanfish

Good eye. I think they should be moved forward, if the screw spacing is the same.  Seems the reel has had hands in it for sure.

etcc

Thank you Guys.

If the idea is that it has been dismounted with "strange" results, I'll not move on. For your info, it could be mine for approximately 100 USD.

Dominick

Now that I look closer I see what everyone is talking about.  This is such an early model that it could all be correct.  On the other hand I would like to handle it and look at it more closely.  Even the nut holding the eccentric looks like a Penn nut.  It looks like a collector though if you are into Daiwa.  .  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

xjchad

I'm pretty sure that is all correct.
Nice condition too!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

etcc

I need something of reliable and cheap to be coupled with my 50 lb rod for tuna drifting. If it is too old is probably better to find something else.

I've already a Senator 6/0 and 9/0 and I was looking for the Sealine 900h due to the feedback I've read on this website.

Rancanfish

Where are you?  I have  two nice 900H with 5 stack drags I'll cut loose with below your price range (at a loss to me).

I'll never use anymore than the 6/0's I have.

Oh, and both have the complete rod brace hardware.  I'd like to see them used.

etcc

I'm writing from Italy. If the transport price is not huge, why not?

Porthos

Quote from: etcc on August 26, 2020, 05:07:03 PM
...I'm in touch for an old Sealine 900 in excellent status. My concern is the differerence with the "new" Sealine 900H (aluminium frame?) and availability of spares. This one seems to be identical to the Senator 9/0.

Would you be so kind to help me to make the right choice?

Thank you!

If you intend to fish with it, go with the newer ones with the one-piece frame. Hope the price and shipping works out for you with Randy's 900H's.

Dominick

Nice Randy.  Ohana strikes again.  Dominick

Rancanfish

Here you go Emanuele.