Sample 80# Braided Line Testers Are Needed. Any Captain Is Avaiable?

Started by Black Pearl, December 20, 2011, 01:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on December 20, 2011, 06:41:18 PM
Quote from: Pescachaser on December 20, 2011, 05:56:33 PM
Captain Mark:  here is a chance to plug your charters.  Let us know where you are located and what you fish for.  Dominick

Can we do that here  ;)  My captain owns this,
http://www.offshoreadventurescharter.com/
Quote from: whos your daddy on December 22, 2011, 11:58:57 PM
Quote from: Pescachaser on December 20, 2011, 05:56:33 PM
Quote from: whos your daddy on December 20, 2011, 03:16:25 PM
Captain Mark Holland- Matagorda Sportfishing Offshore Charters
Captain Mark:  here is a chance to plug your charters.  Let us know where you are located and what you fish for.  Dominick

No problem Dominick,

We are located in Matagorda, Texas. We run a 31 Contender Open with twin Yamaha F250s, tournament rigged. We target Ling, Red Snapper, Grouper, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Amberjack and Kinghfish. We will be offering deep drop trips in 2012 with Kristal Electric Reels. For more information, please visit www.matagordasportfishing.com. I look forward to sharing tips, techniques with everyone here in the future. Merry Christmas to all!!!

Captain Mark
Keta, Captain Mark:  I just said that about a plug without consulting the big poobah.  However, he did not complain.  Now that you got to plug your charters, now is the time to offer discounts to AT members. ;D  Gotcha, now whose your Daddy?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Black Pearl

Hey Dom,

I believe that you received that 150M sample line. How does it feel? Alan T. called me earlier that he likes it.

Dominick

Quote from: Black Pearl Fishing Tackle on December 23, 2011, 02:28:41 AM
Hey Dom,
I believe that you received that 150M sample line. How does it feel? Alan T. called me earlier that he likes it.
Alan:  It came in the mail today.  I like the suppleness of it.  It feels like silk.  I decided to use it on my Penn International 30.  I have 80lb mono on the reel and this stuff is so thin I will use it on top of the mono.  I will test it for breaking strength before I fish with it and for overall feel when I actually fish it.  Thank you.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

hey, i just got mine today.  very slick stuff!  alan, i think you have a winner here.  i am going to forward this spool to mark at charkbait and see what he says.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

whos your daddy

Got mine in today also. Cant wait to test it out. I will report back with the results. Merry Christmas to all!

Black Pearl

Quote from: alantani on December 23, 2011, 08:25:49 AM
hey, i just got mine today.  very slick stuff!  alan, i think you have a winner here.  i am going to forward this spool to mark at charkbait and see what he says.   ;D

Hi Alan,

Have you heard anything back from Mark?

alantani

ben talked to john at charkbait (mark was not in) and he was less than enthusiastic.  i will talk to mark myself, though i may not be able to catch up with him until after the holidays.   alan, you have a very nice product.  i am very interested in seeing the hollow weave. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

spearo776

any more updates on the lines. looking at jb hollow 80lb or 100lb as i heard 100lb is a little thinner. interested to see if this line stacks up.

Black Pearl

Quote from: spearo776 on May 02, 2012, 11:57:31 AM
any more updates on the lines. looking at jb hollow 80lb or 100lb as i heard 100lb is a little thinner. interested to see if this line stacks up.

Alan T and Bryan Y had some samples on 100 and 130 lbs hollow. So far, they like them. I will have some spool on 80, 100, 130 and 200 lbs hollow line coming this July. There might be few 40# hollow spool as well.