Pic

Started by coastalobsession, December 20, 2011, 03:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastalobsession

Heres a good picture of a speckled trout I took last weekend
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

Dominick

Wow!  Those teeth look like Ling Cod teeth. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

They got fangs, but the softest mouth... that's why hooks are tough to set when you're used to big/heavy fish.
Dom

coastalobsession

That's why we sometimes call them paper mouths

broadway

...and the fillet is delicate, translucent, and yummy! ;)  I'll be in Florida in February filling my belly with these suckers!
Dom

coastalobsession

A lot of people fry them but I personaly like them in the skillet or broiled. Same with stuffed flounder. While you are in Florida try red fish on the half shell.

broadway

The skillet is where it's at when it comes to speckled sea trout... you can fry anything, but I don't like to lose the flavor of this delicious fish.
Redfish on the half shell... I'll check it out.  I didn't know redfish had shells  ;D
Dom

coastalobsession

That's what we call it down here. You leave the scales on the filet and season the other side and cook in on the grill scale side down. If you are ever in Texas give me a shout

broadway

Might just come down for the trout feast ;D
Sounds good and thanks for the offer... if I'm ever in texas I'll see ya for dinner ;)
Dom

spottybastard

looks a lot like the shortfin corvina that hang out in San Diego bay.