Tattoo

Started by broadway, December 20, 2011, 08:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey Crew,
        Just thought you guys would appreciate some of my most recent art that was brought to life by my tattoo artist... and yes all my tats are first drawn by me from a photo and then customized by me so no one will EVER have the exact same tattoo (this is very important to me.)  It's a kingfisher bird beating out a striper for an afternoon snack.
Hope ya like it,
Dom

PS- the red in the tattoo is the color of my scratched up skin... this was taken ten minutes after completion... total time 10 hours/ 2 sessions... ugggh!

redsetta

Nice work Dom.
Sure is a big piece, but it's beautifully done.
You've obviously got a great tattooist.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

if you do the twist the fish and bird would come alive

Alto Mare

Yo Dom, That's a lot of ink in one spot! Great artwork...that picture looks fantastic! I would get one of my own but, with my wife, I am worried that she would make quick work of getting rid of it...I shudder to think how she would do it! 10 hours over 2 sessions...shows your devotion to fishing, bro! Very nice! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Thanks for the nice words guys... I have been waiting patiently for my appointment (5 months) with a qualified tattoo artist (Stephano Alcantara.)  I've been tattooed by some great people: Tom Renshaw of Detroit, MI, ...Jeroen (Hanky Panky Tattoo Amsterdam, NL), ...David Seles of NYC, and a couple others way back when.  Stephano and I were definitely on the same page and understood exactly what I wanted the final product to look like...and he nailed it! 
     Being that I'm 6'5" I don't dance, so the twist ain't happening, but I'm sure I'll think of another way to make 'em move  ;)  As for my dedication to fishing... I'm hooked! ...I'm a lifer and have been since I'm 5 years old.  This "reel thing" is all new to me, but fishing ain't ;)

Thanks
Dom

PS- Sal, all the misses would have to do is sell some of your Penn collection, and you'd be lasering it off the following week ;D

Steve-O

Dom- dude, that's some skin illustration!   :o  The Kingfisher ranks near the top of my birds list. NICE!  Now a Q...is that a goby or a stickleback he's noshing? ....or some other baitfish?

All my tats are clear.....i tell folks that when I pull my sleeve up. They look at the blank skin....at me.....my arm.....Light Bulb!....."ohhhhh, they glow under a blacklight!, cool!"

Nope, they're just plain clear....Okay....everybody's a smart as-----aleck every now and then. ;D

broadway

I'm not exactly certain of the type of baitfish it is... looks to be minnow like.  My focus was the kingfisher and the striper.  The kingfisher because of it's amazing eyesight, steadfastness, fishing ability, and precision. The striper because that's my targeted species, and I respect/ love them, but love to nail 'em, too!  There was a photo sequence of that bird diving from the branch above, through a hole in the ice (might help identify the baitfish) to get that meal. 
PS- I'm the only one in my family with a visible tattoo or two  ;)
Thanks
Dom 

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!