Best Wishes

Started by K Nguyen, December 22, 2011, 02:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Here I am with 4 of my brothers.  I'm the handsome young kid walking toward the camera.  Note my fishing pole is leaning against the post.  I kind of remember we were out of bait.  We had to go to the beach to dig up clams for bait.  We were catching eels from the inlet.  I wish I could see what kind of equipment we were using, but the photo is not clear enough.  I do not know who the person on the extreme far right sitting on a pylon is but probably one of my cousins.  From left to right Robert, Julius, Michael, Dominick and Salvatore.  Sal's no longer with us.  I miss him. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Great family shots, guys.  Hey Sal, now I know why Anthony wasn't happy about cutting those curly locks... chicks dig'em!  ;)

Awesome shot, Dominick! ...which marina is that in the background... Brielle yacht club?  Nothing like a day of fishing with your bros... I love fishing with mine!  BTW... I lives in Sea Girt NJ for a while, and went to Manasquan H.S. I fished a little in Brielle, but mainly the Manasquan Inlet.
Happy Holidays,
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on December 23, 2011, 11:21:57 PM
Great family shots, guys.  Hey Sal, now I know why Anthony wasn't happy about cutting those curly locks... chicks dig'em!  ;)

Awesome shot, Dominick! ...which marina is that in the background... Brielle yacht club?  Nothing like a day of fishing with your bros... I love fishing with mine!  BTW... I lives in Sea Girt NJ for a while, and went to Manasquan H.S. I fished a little in Brielle, but mainly the Manasquan Inlet.
Happy Holidays,
Dom

Yeah Sal: Check out my curly hair in the photo.  All I can say is I used to have curly hair.  Dom the Brielle Yacht Club? I barely remember that the picture was taken in Brielle.  Since you are going down memory lane, do you remember the Osprey.  Girls girls girls in my day that's where you went to meet them.  Beer was a dollar.  Rolling Rock and Schlitz.  Like the Italians say "Old age is a curse."  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

QuoteNothing like a day of fishing with your bros...
So true Dom - good call.
Great photos lads - best Christmas wishes to you and yours.
Love the cars in the background Dominick.
Sorry to hear about your bro, but great to have memories like these.
Old age may be a curse, but youth is wasted on the young...  ;) ;D
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Dominick, that's a great shot! I'm sure it bring back lots of good memories...well, and some sad ones also, sorry about your brother. The good thing is that you do have a good buddy named Salvatore now, maybe that helps a little. I'm the baby of seven, my oldest brother is 20 years older than me. He thought me how to catch fish with my bear hands as a kid. I still remember when he had to pull one of my finger out of a sneak's mouth, that happened often but we were used to it. We used to fish in shallow water and feel for fish under rocks, the snake was part of the meal also. My father-in-law was just over my house and I showed him your picture. He named everyone of those cars, he said that you couldn't put a dent in them even if you tried. Thanks for sharing Dominick, I really enjoyed that picture. I must admit, you were pretty handsome....nice group of guys ;).

Thanks Dom and Justin.
Anthony is starting to drive me crazy with that hair. I might have to do what my mom used to do to me ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

The "osprey"  in Pt. Pleasant, correct?  I used to do well there in the summers, also.  ;)   Now a days it's a guido (like Jersey Shore on MTV) bar, and that's definitely not my style.  If chickadees is what you're going for ...you know there's no place better than the neighborhood (soho) 8)
Sorry to hear about your bro, Sal.
Dom

Clem

Merry Xmas to all..and a safe new year

Thank you all for the assistance throughout the year and all those who make this such a good site

Ma te atua koutou e tiaki
E manaaki i nga wa katoa

(may god keep you and bless you all)

K Nguyen

That's an AWESOME b/w Dom... SO COOL!
Why you don't take Asians fishing with you???
Because we will eat your bait.

alantani

sorry about being away.  spent a little time with my parents down in fresno, then back home on christmas day to spend time back at my house with my wife and her family.  crazy schedule this year.  turns out i have to work the night shift on new year's eve and new year's day.  at least i will be home (albiet asleep) all during the daytime.  remember, no drinking and driving!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

14,000 killed on the roads so far this year in south africa and 900 already this month mainly due to the alcohol.read it this morning in the news.oh boy.