Test your knowledge.......mine too

Started by Maxed Out, November 14, 2020, 02:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Which conventional penn had the most spool changes thru it's production years ? Mo, Broadway, Chris,  Col, Arlyn, Donny, Chad, Henry, Nelson, Thor, Rudy, Randy, Sheridan, John, Mike, and the rest of youall....cmon you guys let's here it

I have an idea, but let's hear what you think

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Swami805

I'm thinking jig master, pretty sure they had spools from about every material Penn used even silver aluminum.
Or could it be monofils with the different color plastics?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Good guess Sheridan, but different colors don't count as different types of spools in this instance. Please try again  :D  :D

Plastic, 3 piece chrome, stainless, aluminum, etc

RowdyW

I would think the monofils too. the spools came in a rainbow of colors.  Longbeach   ???    Rudy

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

nelz

Brewcrafter

I would guess it would be something that had a long production run.  I know Seaboy's had chrome, plastic, and aluminum in their various incarnations, but I suspect that this question is harder than that - I'm not sure that there was ever a 3 piece in a Seaboy. - john

nelz

The Jigmaster has had plastic, 3 piece chrome, stainless, and 2 aluminum types; one with line tie post and one smooth. Also, if colors counted, the aluminum have been made in black, silver and red.  ;D

oc1

Maxed Out

Sharkb8

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thrasher

Mo stole my answer so I'll guess the 4/0

Deepennz

Hi Ted,

My pick is the #49.....I am aware of 12 different spool types in the 17 production years from 1939 - 1958. I have 11 in my collection and you have the other - that reel with the narrow arbor. I would assume that after 1958 Penn also produced one-piece spools/aluminum spools etc for the #49.

cheers
Martin

mhc

Like others, I would have thought the jigmaster, but since Ted doesn't seem like that answer I think Kim might be on the right track with mariners but wrong model - I'll suggest the 49.

Mike

Oops! Martin beat my guess by a minute!
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.