A very good tool to have.

Started by gstours, November 14, 2020, 05:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

When removing and replacing the threaded cover on a 16 vsx recently I recently was perplexed by having to hold out the tiny spring loaded pin while turning the drag shield cover.
   Here's a cool tool,  a small forceps will grip and stay.  Just use a knife edge to hold the pin out while you get a better bite on the pin ,  it is now held out, the forceps will stay on while removing and replacing the threaded plastic cover.    Easy peezy.   Just don't let the tiny circlip go flying,!

Tiddlerbasher

Gary I found another use for forceps (mine are dental suture forceps) pulling pin bones from salmon, sea bass, etc.

gstours

Thanks for the de bone tool idea.  these forceps are like a slim vicegrips and lock tite on stuff.  great to have on standby.... ;)

El Pescador

Dr. BUTTman...

Paging Dr. BUTTman...

Gary, you are always thinking, and we benefit from that mental exercise!!!!

Having Halibut for dinner tonight.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Forceps are too big.  I use a small alligator clip.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Donnyboat

Hi Gary thanks for this post & pics, very interesting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

philaroman

kept losing/breaking/rusting those forceps & replacing them @ tackle shops $2+/per

grabbed an eBay budget lot (Pakistani surgical steel) of 10 or 12 @ <$1/per

darn things refuse to rust, or break, or even get lost...  got one in every drawer ;D