Delrin Dots for Jigmaster and Surfmaster bearings

Started by Kalbi, November 25, 2020, 08:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalbi

Looking for advice about Delrin for bearing shims. Would like to buy a small sheet of Delrin, but donʻt know what thickness to get. Is 1/16" too thick?

Gfish

The stuff I use is 1/32". Also, I use a leather punch to cut the dots out.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

RowdyW

It's cheaper to just cut them out of a beer can with a pair of scissors.            Rudy

JasonGotaProblem

I made one for my 100. But I used teflon not delrin. I'm pretty happy with it.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Finest Kind

I used a leather punch like Gfish to punch out about a dozen dots from a delrin under gear washer. I posted on here a few months ago about it. I did try the beer can shims as well, but I found for a casting reel the delrin is more slick.

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Finest Kind on September 02, 2023, 03:52:59 PMI used a leather punch like Gfish to punch out about a dozen dots from a delrin under gear washer. I posted on here a few months ago about it. I did try the beer can shims as well, but I found for a casting reel the delrin is more slick.
I did one with delrin and one with Teflon. Both got polished inside about equally. The teflon gets better freespool. The delrin will probably last longer.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.