I've been eyeballing this guy for some time, finally bought it

Started by tincanary, December 03, 2020, 01:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Gfish

Looks from the add like it has a free floating pinion(SV system?). Can't wait for a field report!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

tincanary

Quote from: Gfish on December 07, 2020, 04:08:15 PM
Looks from tha add like it has a free floating pinion(SV system?). Can't wait for a field report!

Yep, there's a bearing on either side of the pinion.  The spool is entirely free floating, the shaft doesn't extend all the way to the tension knob like the Tatula and Fuego reels.  It's only supported by the spool bearings.  What a great reel, had it out fishing perch in the local canals Saturday throwing 1/16 panfish jigs and Rapala Countdowns ranging from 1/16 to 3/16, using a 6'6" L 1/16-3/8.  The spool is very controlled on the cast and seemingly pretty hard to backlash.  I was fishing with the brake set 1/4 of the way up and didn't need to thumb it much unless I was swinging for the fences.  I have yet to pull her apart as I had initially planned, but that will happen sometime when the lakes freeze for the winter.