Talica strange lever arm problem

Started by steelfish, December 04, 2020, 02:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

amigos, have any of you aware or know of a problem with the drag lever assembly of the Shimano Talica reels?

yesterday a guys brought me a talica 20-II that suddenly lose the cam, drag lever arm and Dial program cap,  counting this reel there are 3 cases that I have known in the last 18 months with that same problem, only with talica reels and with different owners, sadly the the 1st case all the drag control lever assembly, the whole 3 main parts felt to the water and it was a "big" fix around $140 dlls to get new parts, on the 2nd reel from another friend the reel also had the same 3 the parts felt from the reel but the owner was lucky because all of them felt inside the boat and the last case was yesterday, this guy was fishing the last weeken when "suddenly" the lever arm "jumped" outta the reel like a spring to the sea, the dial program cap felt inside the boat but the lever arm and the CAM are now in the bottom of the sea.

I asked this guys if he was moving or playing with the control dial while trolling with reel or if he tried to adjust the drag with the dial control while having the reel with some presure from fighting a fish but he said not, he was casting some jigs and then he just heard a sound in the water and the handle of the reel felt loose, kind of hard to believe I must say but even if it was a lie I still have those 2 cases before this of a Talica reels droping the lever drag arm assembly while using it.

what might the cause? having the drag too light and the dial program cap was attached only half turn from the spool shaft threads?
or they are putting way too much drag that cause the dial cap to dont hold enough preasure and jump?

I havent checked yet but sounds like if the hole (sorry I dont know the proper name for that) on control dial buttom/cap its a hair bigger than the diameter of the threaded spool shaft tip and with some presure when applying drag with the lever the dialer cap just cant hold the presure and jump like a tap of a preasure oven.

wondering if you have ever heard a problem like this on lever drag reels by shimano or any other brand.

The Baja Guy

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

The Baja Guy