Could a place like this make Penn 113h 4:1 gears

Started by seaeagle2, December 29, 2011, 05:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaeagle2

Could a place like this  http://www.rushgears.com/Prototypes/prototypes.php?fromDropDownMenuHome make 4:1 gears for Penn 113h. I'm not nearly smart enough to figure out the stuff they ask for on their "request a quote" sheet, and since I only have one set of gears, I'm not ready to ship them in to be reverse engineered.  But I'm guessing they must be pretty standard stuff.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

broadway

I've been kicking around the same thing for about a year... with that same company.  Just figured it would be a fortune, and I, like you, can't figure out how to fill out the form at all ???  I would love the helically cut gears! ;)
Hope someone can help us out
Dom

Keta

If they can make these they can make the gears you want.

At 20 items each and $137.97 per item x 2 they would be spendy at $275.94 a set, 5000 each would be a good deal at $19.98 a set.

Your best bet would be to send them the gears you want copied.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

broadway

Keta,

Are those REAL numbers?  I wonder what 500 of each would cost?
Dom

joel8080

Before you guys do anything why not find out how many people would be willing to buy them, And ask them how many do they want, to see if its worth getting involved in the project.

Just an Idea

joel8080

Oceanside,California

broadway

Joel,

One thing is for sure... If 500 sets of helically cut stainless gears/pinions were made for the 113h there would be no problem selling them in a couple of minutes... IF the price was right.  I would all but guarantee if posted on this site (alone) they would be gone before a week was out. Sal would probably take 100  ;D
Thanks
Dom

Keta

I got the prices off the link above.

500 at $27.50 ea x 2 = $53.00 a set.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

broadway

Thanks for plugging in those numbers, Keta!  I'm gonna look into this... thanks a bunch
Dom

seaeagle2

"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

broadway

Hey Joel,

I hope I didn't come across as being a know it all (I re-read my post)....if I did I'm sorry.  Newell and Accurate aren't currently making new gears, and what's left is being sold at crazy prices ($60-$120.)  It's not a bad idea to test the waters with the boys on here, but I think when they're in hand (tangible) they'll sell better, and I'm confident we could get rid of that many (500) if we said it was to be a one run kinda deal.  Now to work on the price. Hmmm?
Thanks
Dom    

Rare

Doesnt even have to be 500- For 250 is still a good deal

20  $135.97ea  2 weeks       500  $27.50ea  4 weeks 
50  $69.90ea  2 weeks       1000  $23.95ea  100/month 
100  $48.50ea  4 weeks       2500  $17.63ea  100/month 
250  $36.88ea  5 weeks       5000  $9.99ea  250/month

snagger

anything more on that gear making company . i just seen accurate stainless for 114h go for 140.00 on ebay. ill take take two sets for 113h

snagger

so.....let me get this straight......if i invest and buy 500 gear sets at 27.50 ea. that would mean i would have to come up with 13,750.00..... but if i sold all at 100.00 a set then i would make 36,250.00..........oh baby!!!!! let me see how many empty beer bottles i got in the bin.

Alto Mare

Looks like you emptied quite a few of those beer bottles, they're talking gears and you're talking bearings ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

snagger

sorry i was working on bearings when i posted...........you got any bottles?