Vintage fishing photo proves time travel.

Started by Cuttyhunker, December 23, 2020, 02:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuttyhunker

Visiting Reelytime down here in the sunshine state, I found him tackling a very big Ocean City that remembers Roosevelt's (the second one) first term.  At some point in the distant past the old girl had apparently hit a hard floor or deck resulting in a small "dogleg" as Randy described it in the bridge sleeve.  We brainstormed some ideas to straighten it out and avoid turning it into an S-curve.  We parted with the thought of rather than (probably) screwing up the bridge with stone axe and bear skin tactics that a canvas of the big boy collectors here may turn one up. What a surprise that I soon had a text that the King, Bullseye54, had one in his platoons of parts bins.  Now I've told you all that so I can tell you this.  Being in the 1930's frame of mind I recalled and mentioned that I had a vintage Tommy Gifford photo, I think downloaded fro Ed Prichard's site.
Clearly the angler in the dory, with Tommy on the right, is none other than Corporal Max Klinger, in full drag.
I told Reelytime I email it to him but have decided this is too monumental to Keep only here in Florida so now I humbly present it for your inspection and comment.  Time travel is real!!
Doomed from childhood

nelz

Huh??? Whut the hail???

(I'm a big MASH fan.)

oc1

Looks like a swordfish and a gigantic cane rod.  They could have towed the Queen Mary.
-steve

Cuttyhunker

Doomed from childhood

Donnyboat

Great picture, I bet they had to distribute there weight, when that fish had pressure on the drag, not the biggest of boats, thanks for posting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

nelz

Never mind the fish/rod/reel this is about KLINGER!!!

JasonGotaProblem

I dont think I'm old enough to understand any of this.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

philaroman

Quote from: nelz on December 24, 2020, 04:15:34 AM
Never mind the fish/rod/reel this is about KLINGER!!!

Quote from: nelz on December 23, 2020, 02:56:46 PM
(I'm a big MASH fan.)

;D ;D ;D  OK: did Radar ship that outfit, piece-by-piece to...  Cleveland ???

was piece-by-piece jeep just in the original movie, pilot or was it [re]done in show ???

...from memory -- no checking

wfjord