another new guy from Frisco

Started by Dirk Gently, December 30, 2011, 08:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk Gently

Just wanna say hello and wish every one esp. the ohana, Hauoli makahiki hou. I also would like to take a moment to acknowledge how Mr. Alan Tani's countless posts and tutorials has helped me tremendously in mustering up the courage to "take apart my reels", to rebuild and clean/regrease/maintain them.

I think this post has been a long time coming. Over the years, I have joined other message boards as a way of getting more information on how to maximize my return on investment, be it in the amount of money spent in tackle i.e. rods, reels,terminal tackle etc. etc. Or whatever precious free time I can aggregate to be able to get on the water. I can without a doubt and hesitation unequivocally state that Mr. Alan Tani's articles are the best I have seen, bar none.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kamuwela

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Paleoreelist

The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a Y.

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Bryan Young

Aloha Dirk.  Haouli Makahiki Hou bradah.  Welcome to the site.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

redsetta

Welcome from Aotearoa (NZ) Dirk.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer