110n

Started by sharkman, December 26, 2020, 05:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Need some help figuring out what I am missing. Bought 110n and seviced. The bail is not tripping. The mechanisms associated with pin cleaned and oiled. This first 110n serviced. Couple things noticed the dog spring has light tension, the bail itself feels like has a lot of tension, or am I missing part (see pic below). I rolled over by hand and not tripping. Does anyone have the top washer spring on drag.

Wompus Cat

I have a schematic but for some reason can not post it .
You are missing a part though
Will try and post later
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

foakes

The tension on the triangle spring can be adjusted to (3) different spring pressures.  It is easily adjustable when the spool is removed.

But that is just an adjustment — likely not your issue.

Since your bail spring is strong — I would look into the trip mechanism —which is mostly under the rotor.

It consists of a switch block, activation rod, small coil spring, super tiny "c" clip, a tiny rubber brake ring, the triangle spring, the setting control.

Typically, this mechanism is gummed up, corroded, stuck — or the most common cause — the tiny rubber brake ring has degraded, come off, or is missing.  The brake ring is necessary to trip the bail tothe closed position.  The tolerance is exact — and this tiny piece is critical to the proper bail operation.

I have any parts necessary — but will not be back into the shop until tonight — out of town right now.

Glad to help, as needed.

This is how we all learn.

The 110N is an excellent little Microlite reel.  Tough and overbuilt.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Wompus Cat

Dam 110N and others as marked Schematic
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

sharkman

Thank you Fred for the information. I cleaned out pin mechanism there is little play in the slider. I found some fragment when cleaning it must have been the piece you mentioned was missing. How much for one of those and the top cup washer in the drag system. Theses reels are amazingly built  Thank you for the help and information

Thank you Wompas Cat for schematic and information.

foakes

If this is what you need, James —

It is ready to go out to you.

If the little rubber tan ring indicated by the green arrow — is missing from the switch block where it goes on — indicated by the red arrow — that will be your culprit.

If it is something else — let me know — and we will figure it out.

Just got back from our out of town Christmas.  Do you still need the bail and crank arm for the 330?

The little 110N — like all the "N" series reels — has a useful and neat feature that allows the angler to adjust quickly the bail return spring trip pressure from light, medium, or hard.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sharkman

Fred,

Thank you the two pieces beside green arrow are the ones I need. I decided to just use the 330 for a parts reel. Thanks you again for everything. Send you pm

foakes

Got your PM info, James —

Will go out Monday, N/C.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

sharkman

Fred,

Thank you   

Tight lines,

James

sharkman

The reel is running like a charm, thanks to Fred.

foakes

Nice work, James —

Your 110N Microlite looks great.  Funny, how one little tiny seemingly insignificant part (hidden internal bail bumper) can make all of the difference on these DQ reels.

These little 110N's are nearly bulletproof — and will fish considerably and capably above their original design numbers — due to the over-built engineering, materials that last a lifetime, or two — and their tight tolerances — which lead to a very smooth reel that will not degrade over the decades of an Angler's fishing career.

These little powerhouse reels don't brag about the fish they bring to the shore — they just punch in every day with no drama — and solid results.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.