Rebuild a beefstick

Started by oldmanjoe, February 03, 2021, 01:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

Had a old daiwa stick 6 ft that needed to get rebuilt .   Stripped the blank and repainted with left over spray paints ,5 different colors.
The butt and fore grip are scrub oak  that have bug tracks that i filled with different colors of expoxy

This is before finish ...

With finish.

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Wompus Cat

Very Nice  work there.
Did ya use the same Drill you use for spools  ;D
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

oldmanjoe

;D  Of course i did , i had to bore the hole for the butt and fore grip !!!! ::)
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Swami805

Came out nice, I like the translucent red on the guides, nylon thread without color preserver? 
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oldmanjoe

I wrap with embroidery thread and no color preserver .

oc1

Unreal Joe!  There are guys making high-end fountain pens that do not look as nice as your fishing pole.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

thorhammer

Very cool! No stock beefstick ever looked that good!

Donnyboat

Nice work Joe, thanks for showing us, learning all the time, keep well stay safe, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Breadfan