Ply wood sticks

Started by oldmanjoe, February 03, 2021, 03:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

I had some 1/4 birch ply leftover , so i ripped some 1 inch wide strips and stacked them 3 high on two of them .
  Then i have two with a strip of Honduras mahogany on top of birch ply with some scrub oak for the fore grips .
  A sneak peak , still sanding and varnishing before finally building them .

I am going to try fitting them with bent butts for now , still in the rough shape .

These are the before fill in of the bug tracks on the butt.

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

oc1

I really like the worm wood thing.  How long did you have to look to find the bent pieces?  That's a good trick too.

oldmanjoe

The neighborhood is full of scrub and live oak, plenty bent wood around.  The hard part is finding straight lumber.
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

oldmanjoe

I just finished tying  still have to seal them

oldmanjoe

Just finished wrapping the diving board  , 11 guides plus tip top in 6 foot .   7 ft 7 inches total length.

oldmanjoe

5 pound loaded stick .    This is going to be a fun stick to fish with .

thorhammer

Very cool! Diving board sort of reminds me of a coral snake or the old West German flag.

oc1

Oh, I get it now.  It's so much thinner from the side.  It certainly will not try to roll in your hand.  But, I doubt you catch much in that pool.... unless you have another trick up your sleeve  :)
-s

steelfish

interesting,  I heard before about bamboo fishing poles but never about Ply wood fishing poles

looking good
The Baja Guy

oldmanjoe

Quote from: thorhammer on February 10, 2021, 07:08:05 PM
Very cool! Diving board sort of reminds me of a coral snake or the old West German flag.
German flag    Fanger Von Groben Fischen   = Big fish catcher

Dominick

That is fine work.  Nice.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: oc1 on February 10, 2021, 07:15:02 PM
Oh, I get it now.  It's so much thinner from the side.  It certainly will not try to roll in your hand.  But, I doubt you catch much in that pool.... unless you have another trick up your sleeve  :)
-s
built like the bamboo sticks , D shape      ;D I go to the other salt water pool  "Tampa Bay pool"

oldmanjoe

Quote from: steelfish on February 10, 2021, 07:52:08 PM
interesting,  I heard before about bamboo fishing poles but never about Ply wood fishing poles

looking good
Yes it was a thing  years ago  .   https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=31759.0

oldmanjoe

Bent butt , I think this may make a good troller ,  it has a nice rhythm to it .

thorhammer

That is some ole-skool cool all the way!