dupont krytox gpl 226 + pure silicone oil

Started by try to fish, April 08, 2009, 06:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

try to fish

hi alan,

as describe above,do you think that its allright to mix both together as lube for spinning reel internal gears?.well,have done my own service on a tierra 2500 with only the krytox as the only grease and dont seems to spin smoothly.tought maybe if i put a dab of oil in it might be good................run out of it.................look around and found some leftover shock oil from my nitro trucks.it says 30wt silicone oil and try only a few drop...........wow,the reel seems to spin better/faster + quieter.just feels like fluid motion.took the side cover apart and notice that the oil is sticking to all the internal gears/shaft as well as the grease.so far,havent took it out for a test in the water yet.
the grease mention above have anticorrosion properties built in them and the silicone oil..........not too sure about it.do you think that the grease + silicone oil is a good idea?.any comments would be appreciated.heng.

alantani

well, nothing is certainly going to explode.  there should be no problem. just so you know, i'm moving more towards teflon lubes.  they seem to be the best.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!