Penn Fathom 11 & Akios Nitron F15

Started by Rivverrat, February 17, 2021, 10:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

I've followed this fella for sometime. Very well Done... Jeff

alantani

took a little time to watch the video.  i do zero long distance casting, but it's still interesting to hear a different perspective. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

A CT on Abu's has no levelwind for distance casting
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Rivverrat

Swami nailed it.

Mark I have spent time over the years trying to establish just what CT means. Abu is the first I know of to use the abbreviation. I know for certain the C stands for ball bearing the T is said by many to mean Tournament
 denoting no level wind.  I have three reels that I in a fit of frustration, by rock or pliers removed the level wind while on the river bank ;D   My two reels in the pic have caught hundreds if not thousands of catfish. The gears have been replaced so
 many times I've lost track. The 7000 C3 was at one time the benchmark Big Cat reel

They sit on a shelf in my bedroom, completely rebuilt but retired. At times I look at them... bringing forth fond memories of past adventures with my Grandpa on the river.
  The one on the right landed my personal best. A blue cat that weighed 86 -105 lbs. In current above 7 mph I got my arse handed to me so to speak. She flipped my small aluminum boat around pointing the bow upstream.
  Not moving the boat mind you but still the power to turn it. She was done soon after this maneuver & the current pushed her back & she was brought to boat. 

My scales were very accurate but she kept moving & bouncing & I couldn't get an accurate reading. Far more important for me to release this beast unharmed. A memorable fish for most any... Jeff