My newest roof rack mounted Rod Pod!!!!!

Started by pjstevko, February 25, 2021, 06:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Good job ! I think I see something similar, in my future !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gfish

If I's a would-be thief, I'd pass on that one. Sometimes it's mostly about slowin 'em down and havin 'em make too much noise to break-in.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

MarkT

I don't leave anything in my car when I part overnight in San Diego at a hotel or at the landing.  That pod would protect your rods great on the road or when you go into a restaurant (remember those days!) for lunch on the road.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Mjg378

I see a project in my future.  THANKS for the info!!  It looks great.
Mike

Hardy Boy

Looks good !! Nice and secure. I went for the other option ..................... I got the truck with a regular 8 foot box.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

pjstevko

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Brewcrafter

I'm going to second Mark on the Minty Jig - one of my go-to's.  And the only jig I have more than one of because I have been burned before by losing the only one I had!  Good luck on the trip! - john

Bill B

Great job PJ.....I was wondering about something like that.  I like the lockable end cap.  Would it be better to place the rods in butt first?  Wouldn't hard braking force the rods forward potentially damaging the rod tips?  Years ago I witnessed a contractor braking hard while getting off the freeway and all the shiplap siding he had on his lumber rack slid off barely missing the car in front of him.  

Good luck on the trip, hope you slay 'em.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Gfish

Quote from: Hardy Boy on February 26, 2021, 10:41:54 PM
Looks good !! Nice and secure. I went for the other option ..................... I got the truck with a regular 8 foot box.

Cheers:

Todd

Todd, is yer 8'er a newer P/U? And is it a 4-door(one a those 20+ footers)? Been searching for a 8 ft. bed P/U, but a standard, non-extended' 2-door type. Do they even make these anymore? A"real" P/U for a guy(not a crew) is a 2 door with a full size bed, or a lifted short-bed for serious 4x4'in.

Yeah, Slay Bill, not me!😊. Foam on the end caps works good in onea those, Bill. Need an 8' bed for my 12' yak...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Hardy Boy

I have a 2008 crew cab 1 ton diesel with 8 foot box. Its long so its a pig to park in the city but I don't live in a city. They should still make they but most of the ones on the lot all are short boxes. I cut fire wood so I like to be able to get a load. They must still make them ??

Make sit easy to though rods in there also.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Cuttyhunker

Classy job!  I think about rod transport every time I see a plumber's van go by with the big diameter PVC carrier on the roof rack to transport smaller long pipes
Doomed from childhood

Rancanfish

Classic American ingenuity there.

An 8' bed is why I kept my 1971 C10 all these years. Sometimes you need a real truck bed.  And I never worry about a computer going out, because there aren't any.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

philaroman

start a pool on how long it takes to get hassled by a rookie LEO, lookin' for RPG's