My newest roof rack mounted Rod Pod!!!!!

Started by pjstevko, February 25, 2021, 06:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Quote from: MarkT on February 27, 2021, 01:01:58 AM
What, no mint/white?

I picked up 2 mint/white after reading this but it didn't seem to matter because we never found the yt!

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on February 28, 2021, 05:33:14 PM
Great job PJ.....I was wondering about something like that.  I like the lockable end cap.  Would it be better to place the rods in butt first?  Wouldn't hard braking force the rods forward potentially damaging the rod tips?  Years ago I witnessed a contractor braking hard while getting off the freeway and all the shiplap siding he had on his lumber rack slid off barely missing the car in front of him. 

Good luck on the trip, hope you slay 'em.....Bill

Bill i keep the rods in their rod sleeves so i'm not too concerned and the tube is only a few inches to a foot longer than the rods so there isn't a whole lot of room to gain speed. If you really want to pack it full of rods you would need to put half in butt first anyway...

Quote from: Rancanfish on March 01, 2021, 03:22:16 PM
Classic American ingenuity there.

An 8' bed is why I kept my 1971 C10 all these years. Sometimes you need a real truck bed.  And I never worry about a computer going out, because there aren't any.

I appreciate everyones comments but I just want to be clear....I stole this idea off the internet so I can't take credit for the design

pjstevko

Update....

I'm building a longer version of the pod this weekend to fit my new 9' jig stick....

This 8'4" rod pod is up for sale if anyone is interested....

Ron Jones

I'm doing the same thing. Mine will be long enough for my Plano bazooka with wheels. More a way to keep it out of the Pilot than a way to carry rods. I'm doing a good bit of beach fishing this year. Westport and La Push off the rocks, 9ft fast rods for swimbates will be the norm. I can't WAIT to use my old gold PENN levelwind from Alan.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"