'64 Garcia Ambassadeur 8000

Started by chrometip78, February 26, 2021, 10:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrometip78

I just picked this up cause it was neat, cheap, and working. Was planning to clean, lube, and fish with it but after trying to figure out exactly what I have hear, wondering if this should be put on ebay for a collector and I'll just buy a 6500 or 7000 to fish with? Best I can tell from what I've found on the net, it was made April 1964, spec'd for 300yds 30lb mono, 4:1 high speed and 2:1 low speed that switches automatically depeding on how tightly the drag is set. This one looks like it was a rental, guessing since there's a serial number engraved on the sideplate and rod handle, but it the action is surprisingly really smooth on it and the speed shifting seems solid and slick. I would just use it to drift bait for Delta Striper and lake fishing so it would likely live an easy life but I also don't want to be the kid playing catch with a Babe Ruth autographed baseball.

If it's not anything special and I'm just going to fish it while it's running, anyone know where I might find drag washers for it?