New Member - January 2012

Started by treidm, January 02, 2012, 11:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treidm

Hello, been lurking for month or so, saw that it was a good site, so decided to join
Family all from Tennessee & Kentucky, Live in Kansas now, but have lived from Kaneohe, HI to Neptune Beach, FL and many points between

Main reels are Penn (Made In USA), Abu Garcia (Made in Sweden) & Mitchell (Made in France)

Casting (non level wind), casting (level wind) & Spinning

Newest acquisition is a Penn 113HN Baja Special, should be here next week

Planning on servicing an older 309 as soon as new drag washers & other supplies get here

I'll be looking at the 209 rebuild tutorial, didn't see one specifically for the 309

Hope questions if needed so early, won't be frowned upon

....Reid
"If capitalism is fair then unionism must be. If men have a right to capitalize their ideas and the resources of their country, then that implies the right of men to capitalize their labor."

--Frank Lloyd Wright

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard treidm. Must compliment you on your choice of reels. The 209 and 309 rebuilds are similar. Wealth of information on here,if in doubt, just ask. ;D

alantani

welcome!  sorry it took so long to get you registered.  still not sure what the hang up was, but i'm glad you made it!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Norcal Pescador

Welcome from northern California. Yep, just ask and you should get a serious answer most of the time. ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Paleoreelist

The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a Y.

INOXicated

Welcome. I have only been a member for less than week. Totally refreshing and family like. Still going thur all the info here.
Senior Account Rep. Amazing Products LLC.
www.Apdistribution.com
www.grip-n-hook.com

kamuwela

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Hey Reid... questions and answers are welcome here (without catching flack, too!)  ... I'm a Penn man myself  ;)
Welcome,
Dom

treidm

Thanks for the welcomes!

Short note:
Have always done the easier maintenance on my reels
Previously though, any serious work or modifications was done by a reelsmith
I now want to attempt doing all of the work myself
Buying and light modifications of parts, but no heavy machining
So this is the main reason I was happy to stumble in

But I'm afraid that what tips, tricks or knowledge I may have, will be far overshadowed by what I glean from you all

So thanks in advance for the brain food!

....Reid
"If capitalism is fair then unionism must be. If men have a right to capitalize their ideas and the resources of their country, then that implies the right of men to capitalize their labor."

--Frank Lloyd Wright

Bryan Young

Welcome Reid.

Don't worry about us.  We all started where you started and have progressed through the days, months, and years.  So ask away.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi,
Penn 9, 209 and 309 are all the same, only size differance.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

redsetta

G'day Reid and welcome aboard.
QuoteDon't worry about us.  We all started where you started and have progressed though the days, months, and years.  So ask away.
x2 Bryan - well said...
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

In fact, one of our Moderators lives in Kansas, Kevin (AKA Pro Reel).  You can contact him at kevin@proreelservice.com.  He will be able to service your more difficult reels that you may not want to try yourself.  Hit him up.  Great guy.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D