which slow pitch jigging rod: UC Zeus, UC Challeger Xtreme or Blackhole CapeCod

Started by steelfish, March 09, 2021, 06:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

I prefer the first guide to be slightly to the left.  That way when I'm cranking I only have to press the line to the right with my thumb and it'll come back to the left on its own.  I don't need to really pay attention to the line lay at all.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

steelfish

Quote from: MarkT on March 13, 2021, 06:54:57 PM
I prefer the first guide to be slightly to the left.  That way when I'm cranking I only have to press the line to the right with my thumb and it'll come back to the left on its own.  I don't need to really pay attention to the line lay at all.

My 3 acid wrapped rods are that same way, well actually on the musky rod the 1st guide is offset around 5* to the right to try to keep the line truly centered because I normally use a levelwind reel on it (calcutta 400TE and now abu Beast 60) so the levelwind mechanism will lay down the line effortless, on the stronger rods the stripper guide is centered at 0* but the fishing line act the same way you described, it always tending to lay at the left of the reel so I just push it at the right as you do it and it will come back again to the left, it works really good.
The Baja Guy