New Curado 300e

Started by striperstalker, January 03, 2012, 08:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

striperstalker

I just bought a new Curado 300E for throwing large swim baits for stripers and blacks. I got it home and out of the box it seemed to have a lot of play in the drive (gear shaft) shaft. You can grab the whole handle tight in your hand and and wiggle it up and down and actually feel  and see the drive gear shaft move up and down. None of my Diawas have anywhere near that play,almost none.
  Is this typical of these reels or should I take it back? I usually stay away from Shimanos, I just wanted to try a large capacity low profile bait caster.

inhotpursuit

I have two curado 301E's  they are great  niether of them have much play,take it back

ElFred

I have a 300E. It's also very loose at the handle, star, etc. It's pretty well used and has had some pretty large fish caught on it. I can't remember if was tighter when new but I do know that it only bothers me when I'm not fishing. Doesn't seem to effect things during battle.

bassboy

Are you talking about backplay?If so,this is common on curado reels.

alantani

along the same axis as the spool shaft, right?  it's not supposed to be there.  it can be shimmed, but it should not be there.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

chandimaabu

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. :)  shimano has a new Low profile baitcasting reel calld TRANX.IT look like abig curado 300 modded up abit for salt.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtzL2pt3sTY

inhotpursuit

not available till march  and $500

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: chandimaabu on January 03, 2012, 08:13:58 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. :)  shimano has a new Low profile baitcasting reel calld TRANX.IT look like abig curado 300 modded up abit for salt.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtzL2pt3sTY

Same 400 size as the Toro 60..  But costs a lot more???
Im sure it has Shimano's better quality, but for $500!!!!!   
Ill stick with my Toro & Revo.....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!