Trinidad TN-20 Gold

Started by steelhead_killer, March 14, 2021, 12:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

So I have this Trinidad that I can save from the garbage pile if I can Fix/find a clutch lever TGT0278.  The one that is on it is fine except the portion that extends through the head plate spins in the actual lever.  So when you go to engage or disengage it spins causing nothing to happen.  Has anyone run into this as this part is no longer around.  I was thinking of a small hole drilled through the lever and the stud with a small screw to secure it to the lever but that is the last option, attempt, dream, prayer...

Any ideas?

Andy
><)))">

alantani

i have one left.  these things are almost $11.  figure $14 with shipping.  send a pm if you want me to send it out.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelhead_killer

><)))">

steelhead_killer

$ sent. Thank you!!!  These are impossible to find.

Andy
><)))">

Cor

I have a Daiwa Saltist 40 witch had similar problem, Daiwa replaced the lever with one from a Saltiga.

Your idea seems workable, or just a pin from 1.6 mm stainless welding rod and some epoxy.
Cornelis

steelhead_killer

Well we went the route of gear sleeve pin and some epoxy to hold in place.  1/16th drill bit in the drill press.  it was a snug fit but I was hopeful that it would help hold it in place.  We will see how this works out.  After re-fitting it seems to operate fine.  I don't think I would trust it forever, but it will get the job done for now until the new one comes.

Thanks!

Andy
><)))">