Fenwick info

Started by Bill B, March 18, 2021, 03:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

I have a chance to purchase a Fenwick LB 1655-xxlh, blue foam grips, roller stripper and tip, yellow rod.  It is paired with a Penn 114H......I do not know much about the rod...can anyone shed some light on the rod?  Thank you in advance, Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

oc1

If you don't hear anything, contact Chris (1badf350).

jurelometer

Fenwick LB 1655-xxlh?

Maybe from the 70s?  Staring in the 80s, Pacificstick blanks were more golden colored. No experience whatsoever with this blank.. [edit - looks like the blank is gold, just some yellow wraps or paint under the guides]

This looks to me like a  custom build with a fairly recent reel seat, but semi-old stainless guides.

The blank is listed in this 1982 catalog I found online.

5 1/2 foot  extra fast action medium heavy power  Pacificstick

https://www.fishingtalks.com/fenwick-rod-catalog-1982-16901.html

-J

Bill B

Thank you Dave.....you are spot on....looks like a rebuild.....who ever did it was good....For the price I had to pick it up...Bill

thorhammer

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Brewcrafter

That is a sweet combo there! - john

Bill B

Thank you everyone for the kind words.....with new we can now fish to 600' here in California this work horse just might get some work in.....Bill

thorhammer

I'm spending your money, Bill! Silver CC plates and blue Tib frame for that reel on that stick sure would look smooooooove....

Bill B

Dang John....I dont even get my retirement cash out for another 39 days  ::)..... but then who's really counting down the days..... ;D ;D ;D  Bill

One thing of interest though, I transferred the line from the solid chromed brass spool on the 114H over to an aluminum spooled 114HLW and filled it up to the same level as the brass spool....I didnt think the aluminum arbor took up that much room.   ???

thorhammer