Rudy's (RowdyW) Silverado with the Midas touch collection

Started by conchydong, April 15, 2021, 12:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

I am posting pictures of Rudy's awesome collection of Penn 4/0s that have been hotrodded. I was in awe when I saw these reels. He will chime in on the details but they are a sight to behold.

Scott

steelfish

The Baja Guy

thorhammer

Brewcrafter

That looks like a lineup of Rolex watches there, beautiful collection that no doubt can handle anything thrown at it! - john

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

RowdyW

Quote from: conchydong on April 15, 2021, 12:27:15 AM
I am posting pictures of Rudy's awesome collection of Penn 4/0s that have been hotrodded. I was in awe when I saw these reels. He will chime in on the details but they are a sight to behold.

Scott

Thank you Scott for the photos and posting them for me. And a big thank you to our vendors who have made these possible. Cortez Conversions, Black Pearl, Randy, 3 Sev7ens, Maxed Out, and also the manufactures Penn & Tiburon. It has taken a few years to build these with time and  $$$. It won't be finished if someone comes out with the components to build a 6th width. The 5 are 113HL-WEX, HLW, HL, HL YTS, & HL XN. All 5 have inside parts consisting of Penn steel main gears, s/s gear sleeves & dogs, & new Penn CF drags. I'm still looking for a couple of silver spools for the HLW & HL. Certain Pro Gear spools will work too. I have enjoyed building these and I hope you can all enjoy seeing these.         Rudy    ps click the arrow on the photos to turn them to proper orientation.

milne

Absolutely beautiful Randy....
I can appreciate the luv for 4/0's..
Thanks for sharing...

Col

Maxed Out

Very nice full set Rudy. These don't just happen overnight. It starts with one part and slowly grows till each one become whole. Nice touch with the gold shift lever that matches the knobs !

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

Bling BLING!!!

Now that's one amazing collection Rudy!

A little bit of luck, a little bit of patience and add some cases of dough and you hit Fort Knox!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Sharkb8

Great collection Rudy do you have any plans of fishing with them

Kim

El Pescador

RUDY!!!!   HOLY MOLY!!!!

You have more SILVER and GOLD there than Fort Knox!!!!

What a BEAU... Tiful collection.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

RowdyW

Quote from: Sharkb8 on April 15, 2021, 08:45:32 AM
Great collection Rudy do you have any plans of fishing with them

Kim
Nah, I have to many others that I use.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

Those are fantastic, Rudy —

When I build my all silver Randy/Tiburon/Tom 20/0 with Tom's silver plates — a gold crank knob and gold shift lever looks like the way to go.

I have been considering other possibilities — and Rudy's combo just clicks as perfect.

Thanks!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Cuttyhunker

Outstanding, would never expect to find the heart of a 113H inside those beauties!!
Doomed from childhood