DAM Quick 1202

Started by Snuffysmif, April 19, 2021, 04:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snuffysmif

DAM Quick 1202.  Does anyone know where I can find an Oscillation Arm for left Hand retrieve. (Rod in right hand, crank with left).

John

Wompus Cat

Fred Foakes is the go to guy here and If anyone has your part it will be him.
He is out for a few days but I bet he will chime in here pretty quick  .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

foakes

Please let me know if you still need this part, SS —

We just rolled back in a couple of hours ago.  788 mile round trip out to the Northern Mojave Desert.

Been boondock camping for a week.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Snuffysmif

Yes.  Let me know how much.  Paypal OK?  No rush, get your priority orders first.
And thank you very much.

John

foakes

OK, I'll check tomorrow.

Hitting the hay now.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Here is the part needed for a 1202 DQ to use the crank handle with your left hand — and hold the rod in your right hand.

$10 + $5 shipping with tracking.

PM me and we can arrange completion and shipping info.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

thorhammer

I'm betting Fred has the Holy Grail, Jimmy Hoffa, DB Cooper's money, a Sasquatch, and Amelia's plane in totes he hasn't opened yet.

sandbar

I've lived a life unaware of boondock camping.
Really great concept. Bring all you need, enjoy your visit,
leave no trace, and move on.
Beautiful. I need to get out more.
Thank You Mr Oakes.

foakes

In the mail, John —

Post some photos of your DAM Quick 1202 — when you are done with it.

This is one of the most solid — as well as one of the most over-looked DQ reels ever built.

It is an ultralight on steroids.

It is one of the few reels that hits that "sweet spot", that few manufacturers build a reel for, at least for me —

Slightly larger than a Microlite size — smaller than a 1401 size.  About the mid range between a Mitchell 408 and a Mitchell 300 — although perhaps 3 times as strong engineering and material-wise.

1:5 High Speed gearing — SS & bronze worm drive — double skirted spool to keep the line from going behind the spool — double oversize drags top & bottom with compression spring — bite indicator at the flange for finesse fishing in current — fast locking handle — simple adjusting line winding levels for proper line lay — manual or automatic bail closing, plus a trip button to release the bail when in storage to save the spring — push button spool release — 175 yards of 8 pound mono — only 12 ounces in a metal reel that will easily out-perform its specs.

These were the last general production reels that DAM manufactured in Germany prior to moving production to Asia.

If not fishing Microlites — and particularly with the solid possibility of hooking a very large fish — this is my go-to.

Meat in the Pot & dependability for multiple generations.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Snuffysmif

In the mail Fred.  Will post pictures when I figure out how to post a picture.  I'll have some others to post eventually
May get up a parts order for some other DQs.  About 50 years ago I was working in the Canadian Border area.  We used Mitchell 408s, but one year my boss started using a Microlite.  I had forgotten about it until I saw your posts on it a couple years ago.  They are fantastic little reels.

John

Snuffysmif

Fred, you are awesome.  Oscillator arrived Friday.  Thank you very much.  Reel "looks" a little rough, but smoother than any of my microlites and I haven't even refurbished it yet.  More on them later. 

John

Aiala

Quote from: thorhammer on April 21, 2021, 11:34:01 PM
I'm betting Fred has the Holy Grail, Jimmy Hoffa, DB Cooper's money, a Sasquatch, and Amelia's plane in totes he hasn't opened yet.

No doubt. And Ambrose Bierce lives behind a false wall of Penn Spinfishers...   :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Dominick

Lannie, you got me.  I had to Google Ambrose Bierce.  His name was not familiar to me.  I even read excerpts from "The Devil's Dictionary."  Interesting stuff.  Yep,  Fred might come up with something.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Dominick on May 02, 2021, 04:40:15 PM
Lannie, you got me.  I had to Google Ambrose Bierce.  His name was not familiar to me.  I even read excerpts from "The Devil's Dictionary."  Interesting stuff.  Yep,  Fred might come up with something.  Dominick

I think he wrote the short story of a guy that got burried in a wall . Anyway Amrose Bierce had some pretty Morbid writings.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

philaroman

so, Bierce, Poe and Lovecraft walk into a bar...   Machen ducks