Jigging

Started by Rare, January 07, 2012, 11:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rare

I have wanted to start this new art of fishing for me sometime & got the chance in early Nov. Herb, our good friend said I could use his gear to see if I would like to start jigging. All I can say as of now, a new reel was bought & another friend will soon be making me a jigging rod.  ;D We got another trip on the 29th. The best about these trip is hanging and having fun with the people you know. The pics below are from 2 trips- About 8hr 100ft to 450ft of water. These trips are jigging only- all fish were caught on jigs. BF tuna, Warsaw grouper, Mutton Sanpper, Gag gropers, Wahoo all types of jacks & plent were C&R. Thanks again to Herb for pics & video

wallacewt

alantani

i've gotta try this someday......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Looks like so much fun.  I really wanna try that.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

conchydong

Nice job Rare.
Is that one of the Capt. Harry's "Go Deep" glow in the darks jigs in that "Polish" groupers mouth?

Rare

I don't know where he bought that jig. Most of the jigs are bought from all over. E-bay $2.50-$3.00 jigs. Capt. Harry, Eastern Tackle..Etc. Most jigs with some glow pattern seems to be working a tab bit more.

wallacewt

hi rare
2 tips that may help
make sure the hook is as wide as the jig
put a crane swivel on the split ring and tie your line to that
cheers,hope that helps.

Rare

wallacewt,

You are right! I had to change the assist hook cause it catching itself on the jig. I keep feeling them bumping on the jig and was wondering why no fish till I brought the jig up. Got the bigger hook wider than the jig & was hooked on the next drop. The swivel on the split ring for no line twist. Not many if any sale the swivel with the solid ring, but it does help on the line twisting.

reelgood

Used to fish with Capt. Wayne on the Reward all the time when I lived down there, usually went on the night time bait trips no jigging only trips back then, you guys are lucky  ;D

Rare

Capt. Wayne is a funny & great Capt. I think we moved about 10-15+ times in that trip. If no fish were biting, on we go. He knows his grounds & he is one great Capt overall. These jigging trip were setup on another forum & so far have been working. I believe there has been 4 trips so far & one this weekend. We are doing one on the Sealegs which is on the 29th. These trips are $100 bucks & that is with tip for the mate.   

Killerbug

Awesome rapport, love jigging
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Rare

Awesome timing....lol

Just picked on my new toy. Phenix Titan custom jigging rod with a Penn Torque 5 spinner ready for our Sunday Jigging trip!!!  ;D

alantani

good luck on you trip!!!!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Nice gear Rare. You know that's really a 750ss with a armor suit.  Good luck on your trip.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

a lot of folks give up after 2 or 3 drops,slow down, have a smoke,because it can become hard.if you go in with the right attitude its exciting.after you land the 1st it all falls into place.good luck.