Jigmaster Nep-Tuna rod

Started by ReelFishingProblems, April 21, 2021, 11:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems

Greetings,

I was recently asked to build out a "modern day" rod using a Nep-Tuna cradle that fits a jigmaster 500.

The blank is a Phenix Black Diamond Hybrid

It has Fuji KW SiC guides. The stripper guide is a size 25 to keep the line from cutting all the way through a persons fingers. (Just kidding) the jiggy sits very low against the blank and with a full spool there is plenty of clearance for fingers wrapped around the fore-grip. If the spool was empty and under heavy load it has only a tiny bit of clearance for fingers, but it clears.

The under-wraps are Goldenrod/Black/Orange
The decorative wrap is Tiger Stripe using a base layer of the same goldenrod/black/orange with orange as the top layer. I bookended the tiger stripe in olive branches.

This was a fun build

(Side note, I didn't want to fully spool up the 500S I used for fitting so you'll see in the picture I wrapped the spool in cloth before tying on the line)

Nick

Swami805

That came out nice, I'm sure they'll be happy with it
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Donnyboat

Really nice thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

thorhammer

More pics dude! Those are sweet but don't do it full justice!

Nick sent me pics during the build, and going tone-on-tone tiger will about you a seizure trying to see the threads.

ReelFishingProblems

This is the under wrap... it gave me serious headaches and required a headlamp

oldmanjoe

Very well done !!!    That tiger and trim band with olive branch requires a lot of patience to lay down .
   That cradle looks familiar , bought off the bay awhile ago ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Gfish

Beautiful! Didn't know a Jiggy size Neptuna cradle existed.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

ReelFishingProblems

This was a build for my friend Chris in the Tampa area. He got the cradle a little over a year ago if I remember right.

There is even a Squidder sized Nep-Tuna cradle. It has the same strange anodizing pattern as this one.