Showing my Penn Peerless no. 9

Started by Landon94, April 22, 2021, 01:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landon94

Just wanted to show off my Penn Peerless no. 9. It was my grandfathers and I did a full rebuild with all new grease, oil, drag washers, and a few small metal pieces. I put it on a 6'2" Penn Rampage Jigging rod, medium heavy, moderately fast action. I am running 65lb spider wire blue camo braid.

I used this rod, this past winter, as one of my trolling rods and was able to land a few striped bass between 22 and 28".

Wompus Cat

Love the History !
Pass it on  and Good Job on the Restore!
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Crow

Great to "keep it in the family " !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

foakes

Very nice work, Landon —

I keep a few of the 9's around for trolling the local lakes for Rainbow & Brown Trout, plus Kokanee.

Works well with lead core, a 10' leader of 6 pound mono, a Speedy-Shiner, mounted on a 7 1/2' Okuma SST rod.

The 9's go back a long ways with Penn — and are a very dependable and capable reel.

Glad you are cherishing both your family's history and Penn's history.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

Good job on the restore of the old war horse....now it good to go to YOUR grandkids.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!