Fish cleaning table

Started by jgp12000, May 05, 2021, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I built this Fish cleaning table after years of cleaning them on my truck tailgate, well as many fish as I catch(ba-ha-ha) it makes for a stiff back. I built all out of scrap wood except for the cutting board, SS countersunk screws, and harbor freight casters. I am 6' so I made it 42.5" to the ground including casters. I read somewhere to measure from your bent elbow to the ground to determine best height for yourself. The bottom is good for the cleaned fish cooler and gut bucket.

Cor

Looks good, now go catch them!
Cornelis

thorhammer

Nice work! I make every work surface I build for myself at 42" (I'm 5'11"). easier on back and the older I get the closer the work is to my eye the better.

Gfish

Cool!
I'm 74" and have bricks under my kitchen table and work bench(an old kitchen table). Much better. What to do about all that "one size fits all" counter-top & shelf stuff in the house? Then, there's chairs, mattresses and car seats that won't quite fit. An extra long mattress cost extra $. Thankfully, no pants inseam worries, as shorts are always worn here.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

jgp12000

Greg, are you saying you clean fish in the kitchen...(tee-hee) my wife would never let me do that

gstours

Looks good,  casters improved mobility.  And low cost.   Waay better than the tailgate.   You can add more features eventually if you want.   I can see a back board and maybe a sideboard.  Shelf under top to hold a dry rag and knife storage.   The bucket idea is very good.   Nice and ready to go again.
 I've cleaned fish on thr floor of a boat and that is no way to treat your food. ???

bluefish69

I've cleaned & filleted Cod up to 42# on my dining table. She never said a word [just speechless].

This was the first of many over the years.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Donnyboat

Hi Mike, did you  say, the first wife of many, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

jgp12000

Bluefish you are the man!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

Fish cleaning stations come in all shapes and sizes. My low budget cleaning table consists of a 6' banquet table from local hardware store, then a small chunk of 1.5" PVC pipe cut to desired length, and put one on each table leg. When I have lots of fish to loin(albacore), I break out my 2nd banquet table, also with the PVC extensions.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Gfish

Cool! That's even better Ted. PVC extensions. Ya gotta preserve yer back.
Brad Paisly got him a world record size LMB, 22.5 lbs., unless I'm way outdated...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

PacRat

Brilliant Ted! Thanks for sharing this...my back thanks you too!
-Mike

AlasKen

I started carrying a folding table on the boat similar to the photo below.  I can clean my catch on the boat.  My back couldn't take using the top of the ice chest. It fits under the gunnel out of the way.

Long Enuff

The old white plastic folding tables works for me.