Daiwa Saltist 4500H

Started by mudgecko63, January 10, 2012, 05:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudgecko63

Has any one had the pleasure of stripping down the above spinning reel? What I am looking for is for any tips on removing the drive gear and main shaft successfully from the body, as I seem to be missing something here. This is the first reel I have had where it is difficult to remove the oscillating slider from the main shaft, there is a screw that keeps it together but it still has a tendency of not wanting to come apart, that's when you can get to it. The drive gear also is difficult to remove because if the bearing and the main shaft. Just when I THOUGHT I had them out the support where the main shaft runs through broke out rendering the body useless. Hence this message seeking any guidance to prevent this from happening again.

One other issue I have with this reel is the large gap there is between the handle collar and the body allowing very easy access for water and dirt to the bearing, this is evident on both sides. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks for your time.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

coores14

I wish that I could be of more help.  I took mine apart the day that I bought it and did a full service on it. I remember it not being the simplest of reels to work on, nor was it the most difficult. But, I never had the issues that you are having.

Let's start at the beginning....have you looked at the schematics yet?

mudgecko63

I sure did, there isn't much to them I have to agree. When you pulled yours down could you remove the shaft from the oscillating slider? If you could, I just have to try harder.

pepperist

oh man, if i had seen this question sooner i would've shared this!

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/693358/fixing-the-handle-gap-on-a-daiwa-saltist-spinner

better late than never, i guess.