Keeping track of reels?

Started by buzzawak, June 05, 2021, 11:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

I have a new favorite tray for reel work. The plastic tray for below a houseplant. And they come in multiple sizes. Those ridges make for nice dividers and those indents keep screws from rolling. The 10" that I'm using here is 20 for $10 at wallyworld. Though I'm sure your 12/0 senator would need something a bit bigger.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Lunker Larry

I put everything in small boxes when I'm waiting for parts. Keeps things together and I can also have the reel cleaned and ready to go when parts arrive. Name, reel and parts waiting written on a piece of masking tape affixed to the box. All reels get a page in my note book with name, contact info, date received, date parts ordered, issues, resolution, etc. E mail or text the details along with the parts and service charge when done. This is just a hobby for me and I don't get the mega numbers a lot of you guys get so it keeps things neat, tidy and organized for me.
Working area is a board with a dish towel covered with the paper shop rags I use. Soft enough things don't bounce around and soaks up grease and oil. Little cups to put small parts in when I have to put them in a box. Works for me.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?