Aftermarket Carbontex Drag Washers

Started by radray, January 11, 2012, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radray

Hello. I would like to know if there are aftermarket drags for an okuma cayenne. It is a low profile baitcast reel.

inhotpursuit

All you need is the washer dimentions inside dia outside dia and thickness and Dawn at smoothdrag will fix you up with a set of carbontex, from what i can see there are 3 drag washers and my guess is they are very close to size #49 which is what i modified for my okuma citrix,one note the drag discs are carbonite i'm not sure what that is but from pictures it looks similar to carbontex you will have to strip the reel and check to see if they are indeed carbontex

alantani

i went looking around to see if it had carbon fiber drag washers already, and could find no information.   that means it probably does not. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

radray

I checked with Dawn already and she said she does not do Okuma drags. Alan will there be any HT100 drags sized for this reel?

Thank you.
Raymond

Bryan Young

Raymond, you essentially need to open your reel and measure the drags then dawn can set you up.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

radray

Alan, the drag on the Okuma is Carbonite. Is that anything like Carbontex? Should I just grease it up with Cal Grease because it seems dry?

Bryan, while I have the reel open. I will get measurements of the Drag.

Thank you.

alantani

yes, carbonite is their version of carbon fiber.  add cal's grease and you're all set!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!