SL20SH

Started by AAN2705, January 12, 2012, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAN2705

Hello there!

I just wanted to know on the sl20sh(slosh) Is it normal for the drive shaft to be little wobly in the seat? It(handle) also has a slight play when all assembled.
Also is it possible to remove the handle knob of the handle?

Thanks, Shaun

CapeFish

yes it is normal for it to be a bit wobbly. you can't remove the handle knob it has been rivitted on, it will eventually corode off  ;)

alantani

shim washers would help.  i've got a whole coffee can worth of old loose parts, but that won't necessarily help you.  i would need to fiddle with the reel to shim it properly.  to get the handle grip off the arm, you have to grind a little and then drill. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Paleoreelist

Quote from: AAN2705 on January 12, 2012, 11:32:09 AM
Hello there!

I just wanted to know on the sl20sh(slosh) Is it normal for the drive shaft to be little wobly in the seat? It(handle) also has a slight play when all assembled.
Also is it possible to remove the handle knob of the handle?

Thanks, Shaun

Check the little bearing at the bottom of the drive shaft, they get rusty and break up causing the shaft to wobble.
The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a Y.

Dave Bentley

Mine does the same thing. Do the experts reckon it would make a difference if there was no play.

Dave B
Only believe that which you know to be true.

AAN2705

Hi! Thank u all for the replies.

The bearing at the bottom has been changed by myself. I have bought this bearing from Daiwa so it is new.
Maybe I phrased it wrong. It does not wobble like there is something wrong with it. I just thought that there should be no movement in the shaft once it all put together. Maybe I need to go down to a local fishing tackle shop and have a feel of a new one and compare it to my reel.

Thanks again, Shaun