Help with 50vsw shift button

Started by Bayhouse, June 17, 2021, 06:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayhouse

Found the shift button from a 50vsw bouncing around on the deck and can't figure out how to get it back together.  Left on the reel handle was #23 Handle Screw.

I lost #110A Handle Locking plate but the button appears to be fully intact from #110B to #110C.  I can get #110C (shift button retaining ring) off but the button itself must be held in place by #67B Shifter Retaining Ring.

I've tried inserting the button assembly into the reel but it won't grab anything and the shifter button itself seems to be stuck in the low-speed mode.  Of course, I ordered all of the parts except the button itself as I thought that would be good.  May have to just replace everything...

Any suggestions?

Donnyboat

Yes, been there done that, it has a sir clip as I call them, it will be laying around inside of the reel, possibly time you, serviced it & regreased the screws, also internal parts, also needs grease under the button, also make sure the bearings are in  good condition, as you put the bearing back in make sure they go right back in were they belong, or you may have trouble, setting your drag after, take your time, take lots of digital pic as you go, step by step, good luck, cheers Don. & some pics of the fish you catch after.
Don, or donnyboat

Bayhouse

Concluded that the shift retaining plate and the shift catch holder assembly  conspired against me to separate the parts.  The shifter retaining ring must have come loose and allowed the button assembly to disappear.  I realized that separating the button would damage something so I added a new button to my collection and replaced all of the assembly.

Had to take apart another reel to figure out how to assemble the shifter catch plate (#172B) and the shift button springs (#18C) into the shifter catch holder (#173A).  Simply put the catch plates in place and then push the springs into place.

Donnyboat

Sorry I should have mentioned, that you can, punch the plastic bushing out, that the button & spring fit into, & grease the alloy, did you find the sir clip inside the reel, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat