Daiwa Saltiga 30 watershield to be placed?

Started by Drisse, June 23, 2021, 12:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

Hi there!
I got a disassembled Daiwa Saltiga 30 in to be serviced and reassembled. I found a rubber washer/watershield that I'm not sure were it should be placed. Looked at the Saltiga tutorials here, but can't see that watershield. Guessed where it should be. Right or wrong?

Cor

My Saltiga does not have a seal like that.   Unless its a particularly strong piece of plastic/rubber won't it break as you have it when you tighten the drag down?

It looks more like a bush under the clutch lever, but the size is not right.
I obviously don't know, just my thoughts.
Cornelis

Drisse

Thanks Cor !

I guess it should be placed like I did and then you put the roller clutch inner tube into the IAR bearing so that the watershield lains against the edge of the IAR bearing ? I found a schematic, the only difference is that the reel I got don't have part nr:54 O-ring.

But I think like you say that the watershield can be pressed down when you tighten the drag and cause problem. So maybe just skip the thing ?

Cor

That Watershield  (Key No 57) does it not fit in to the collar A (Key no 55) and does collar B (Key no 56) fit in to either one of the two collars (55 or 56).
It is difficult to see from the photos.

From the schematic it sure looks like you have them in the correct order.

A bit of patience and someone will probably come up with the answer.

Is a special Swedish model reel ;D ??? ???
Cornelis

Drisse

Yes, the watershield 57 fit as you say in collar 55 and then collar 56 fits in collar 55 with the watershield in the middle.

Haha, I don't know if its a special swedish version  ;D

Drisse

Solved, should be placed as the pictures shows. Mount collar A, fit the sideplate and then press down collar B with the watershield.