Ambassadeur 6000C, never seen this before.

Started by Drisse, June 27, 2021, 04:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

I own a bunch of Ambassadeurs and serviced alot of different 5-6000 series, but never seen this kind of anti reverse dog or top metalwasher in the dragstack. Also a screw instead of c-clip a the top of the mainshaft.
Looked at all my schematics and couldn't find this type.
How could I have missed this type?

handi2

It's just an older model. The anti reverse dog on these is very finicky. Don't grease under the main gear.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

oc1

Drisse

handi2, so this was a type of anti reverse dog Abu switched to and tried for a while during the years. And then went back again to the old one ?

Drisse

Drisse

Hi again! Does anyone know where to find the right schematic for this reel. I don't know but I think some shim/washer is missing. The antireverse dog comes vey near the maingear and sometimes makes noise? Its like tip a bit forward/down so there becomes a small gap between the antireverse dog and the bushing its mounted on.

Wompus Cat

Looks like from the photo the pin on which the bush and dog fit is bent out away from the main gear a smidgeon and that's all it takes on one of these . You might try bending it  a bitto center it better  to see if it gives you the clearance you need . Otherwise you may need to place an additional washer under the main gear .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Lunker Larry

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Drisse

Wompus Cat, good eyes there ! Its a little bent. Thanks  :)

Drisse

Lunker Larry Thanks, will see if I find the right one for this 6000C with a 3 piece antireversedog I've never seen before. Just to compare if it needs some shim or washer.

mo65

Wompus Cat is correct, those dog posts on this style build are notorious for bending or breaking. If you look at it close...yours appears to be lifted off the plate a bit...it should fit tight against the plate. Here is a link to a post where I fixed one of these. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, you'll just have to try. 8)

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=26489.0
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

RC4600

With regard to original question: I use reelschematic.com
Good source for info on many different reels, old to new, most mfg. RC

Gfish

Quote from: oc1 on June 27, 2021, 07:29:28 PM
The C-clip was a dumb idea.

Agreed. One reason I bought a bunch of different size one's from Home Depot. They can fly into nowhere land, and can deform. Never seen the screw before, but that looks much better. Have the C clips on Abu's, Daiwa's, Accurate's and Shimano's.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

tincanary

I don't mind the C-clips.  There's an easy way to remove them.  A 1.5mm flat blade fits the indentations on the C-clip perfectly.  I stick the tip in, rest a finger on the closed end of the clip, and slowly twist the screwdriver until it pops off.  Haven't lost one in quite a long time with that method.

Drisse

I continue with a question in this thread. I got a similar Ambassadeur 6000C with the "3-piece anti reverse dog". The pin that holds the antireverse dog was completly loose and the hole was to big to fit a new pin. So I bought a kit from Abu with a new brakeplate, drivegear, piniongear and standard antireversedog. Everything fits and the reel runs well. But when I tighten the screw on top of the driveshaft the reel is binding ? If I just back the screw a couple of turns the reel works, but the driveshaft feels loose like when a Ambassadeur is missing the c-clip on top of the driveshaft. Any ideas ?