Stripped screw of penn 130 side plate

Started by Rusty12, January 14, 2012, 06:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty12

I was just servicing my 130 and noticed that all of the screws are torx but one is a flathead.....once i took the flathead out i noticed the hole was stripped.s...any suggestions?

alantani

copper is quick and easy.  i have used some of the flat copper dog springs from penn.  a sheet of copper from your local hobby store is better.  cut a small strip that is 2/3rds the width of the screw hole, and just as long. then run the screw in and it should hold just fine. good luck!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

another method you could try is use a bit of mono

alantani

i've found copper to be the best.  aluminum from a beer can is too soft. steel is too hard to work with.  add some grease.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rusty12

I found small strips of aluminum at lowes.....i used the amount Alan recommended and it worked great....thanks guys

Jimmer

I like to use shortmpieces of braid copper small gauge electrical wire, same as Alan's theory, just strip some braid wire, run the screw in 1/2 way, trim off the excess, and run'er in - Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

day0ne

Just an FYI. If you have a stripped hole on a Shimano graphite framed reel such as a TLD, Shimano has an oversized screw just for that purpose. For some reason, it's sometimes hard to get them from them at times
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter