Sealine 400h-900h clicker claw needed

Started by Jigmaster_Jay, August 02, 2021, 09:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigmaster_Jay

I just got a Daiwa Sealine 400h and the "clicker claw" is broken. It is part # 030-6111 and when I contacted Daiwa, I was told it was discontinued with no replacement several years ago. I can't find it online, so I'm wondering if a Senator 4/0 or 6/0 part could be used with maybe some slight Dremel work if needed. The broken tip was inside the reel so i could put a drop of superglue on it and use as a stencil. If that won't work, is there any kind of blank material I could use to fabricate one?

oc1

Quote from: Jigmaster_Jay on August 02, 2021, 09:12:28 PM
is there any kind of blank material I could use to fabricate one?
Sure.  Just google "brass plate" or "copper plate" and select the thickness you need.  Drill the hole, roughly cut out the pattern with a hack say and fine tune with a dremel.

Cortez_Conversions

Is this part number the same for the 400h thru the 900h?
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Rancanfish

I can't look it up in my book Tom.  It's packed away at one of my storage units.  Moving sucks.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Wolli

Is this part number the same for the 400h thru the 900h?

yes, all the same part no.
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Jigmaster_Jay

Good news! I took my Jigmaster sideplate off and it appears to be almost the exact same part! The Jigmaster and 4/0 Senator are the same part #, I believe. Going to order one and see how it work and will update when I give it a try.

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Jigmaster_Jay on August 03, 2021, 11:59:56 AM
Good news! I took my Jigmaster sideplate off and it appears to be almost the exact same part! The Jigmaster and 4/0 Senator are the same part #, I believe. Going to order one and see how it work and will update when I give it a try.

I looked at that last night too. The center hole is a bit bigger on the Daiwa and it's a little longer as well. They are the same thickness.
A little Dremel work should get you back in business.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Jigmaster_Jay

Do you mean that the Daiwa or Senator claw is longer? If the Daiwa, I wonder if a 6/0 claw would be better.

Jigmaster_Jay

Finally got around to ordering the Senator claws from Mystic Parts and they came in today. Went ahead and got two each of the 4/0 and 6/0 since they were only around $2 each. I plan on trying to install tonight and will update with how it goes.

Jigmaster_Jay

Coming back to update for anyone in the same position. The Senator 4/0 claw worked with very slight sanding inside the hole with a dremel. If you don't have a dremel then a small round tapered file would work. Hope that helps!