Por Max 8

Started by Donnyboat, August 17, 2021, 02:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Thanks Billy, as I said I have the 3 screws out of the face plate,  the black knob undone, I have removed the tail plate, & serviced all of that part, as you can see, there was a few locating studs on the bottom of the  face plate, I cant understand why it wont part, maybe I am to gentle, certainly dont want to break anything, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oc1

That's weird.  Will the spool move left to right?  If not, the spindle/spool shaft might be stuck in the ball bearing inner race.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Donnyboat on August 19, 2021, 06:34:31 AM
Thanks Billy, as I said I have the 3 screws out of the face plate,  the black knob undone, I have removed the tail plate, & serviced all of that part, as you can see, there was a few locating studs on the bottom of the  face plate, I cant understand why it wont part, maybe I am to gentle, certainly dont want to break anything, cheers Don.

Yep ya don't want to get too Rough and bend the metal .
Does it have a C Clip on the end of the Spool on the Handle side ???
And like Steve said the shaft could be stuck in the Bearing .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Donnyboat

Thanks Steve  Billy, I throught of the pinion rusted to the spool, but there is nothing restricting the pinion, the spool is turning really easy, there is know C clip on the spool shaft, just the normal tension cap, that you can adjust, there is a round washer inside that cap for the spool shaft to pivot against, the there is a bearing, but I have the bearing out, & the bearing in the tail plate side is of off the spool, I have taken the paul out of the line level, & the C clip of off the tail plate side, so there should not be anything stopping the line level shaft from coming out, tel ya, I am getting balled-er, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

Yepper it's a Real Hair Puller ...lol
Send me some more Pix of the full side on the Handle side and the other side when you can .

Donnyboat

In the mean time Billy, I managed to get a thin screw driver, inside the top of the face plate between the switch & the  black knob, still has heaps of pressure on it, I created a gap about 1/34th wide, so I got to thinking concidering the drag was nice & strong & the cogs are working freely, so I blue it out with the  air pressure gun, sprayed some lube onto the cogs, then placed it back together, rather than break it, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Billy,I tried to place it back together, but it is turning quite rough, it feels like I blew more sand into the cogs, so I am trying to dismantle it again, I have sent you the pics you have requested, cheers Don. ow I did pull the black nob out with the long SS shaft that holds the tail plate on.
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

Here are some more from Don

Wompus Cat

Don,will the spool and shaft come out ???
also I  blew this pic up and it looks likethere may be a clip in these places ???
If the spool; and Shaft does not come out then there is your problem .The spool may turn ok but it is on a bearing so .

oc1

Yeah, it seems like you should be able to pull the spool out through the tail plate.

You say the ball bearing on the head plate is removed.  But the reel will come out of gear (into freespool) so the pinion must be moving on the spool shaft.

The levelwind worm is moving (correct?) so it is not stuck.  Is there a clip or something on the levelwind worm preventing it from pulling out of the tail plate side?

Donnyboat

So I managed to get it apart & I have sent Billy some pics of it.
     Thanks Steve, for your concerns, I had the screw & C clip of off the line level, so there was nothing stopping it from coming apart,
     Billy you were on the money, I set the reel up so I could tap the spool out through the tail plate side, once the spool was out, I could see a Phillips head screw holding it together, between the switch & the black knob, undone it & it fell apart.
     So I have washed all the parts, ready to place them back together, next post I will give you all a run down on the bearing sizes, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

Good for you !
Glad you figured it out.

Here are your latest photo's and man that
thing looks like it has been on the bottom of the ocean a while .

Donnyboat

Thanks Billy, not much corrocion more grit than anything.
     Okay Bearing sizes, start on the spool shaft, under the tension cap face plate side4x8x3, another bearing inside the drive pin4x10x4, then the last one, tail plate side 3x10x3.
     two on the main drive shaft, at the bottom-5x9x3 & the bearing at the top near the dag star-8x14x4 cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

Once you get your Bearings Strait  ;D
You should be Good to Go !!

philaroman

Once you get to Bering Strait, it's too damn c.c.cold to use a lo-pro  ;D