tension washers 113h

Started by snagger, January 18, 2012, 05:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagger

Are there two belleville washers on the newer red 113h...... one on the stack and one on the spacer sleeve? the reason i ask is the washers are labled 8A and 8 on the schematic but when i ordered there was omly part no. for 8-349  no part no 8A

Alto Mare

Yes. You will need part# 18-970, this part will go on the inside and it will be your last washer on the drag stack. Your drags will not work properly without it. As for the tension spring on the outside, part # 8-349, you can install as many as you want considering that you have the room, or none. It's up to you on how you want your drag to be.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

yeah, they changed those around so many times over the years.  the important thing is that the star can travel freely from top to bottom.  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Snagger, I just realized that you might be talking about the 113h2 "the Senator wannabe". I don't know much about those reels that are made in China, but from the looks of the schematic, you're right, it does show 8A and 8 tension springs. Fotget about the part # 18-970, I have no idea if it will work on that reel. All of my reels are made in USA. Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

snagger

no alto its not china manufacture its the ''old new'' side plate, this  side plate i got from scott's ......i found out what the confusion is..... 8A is part #18-970 and 8 is part# 8-349......... when u order from scott's there is no 8A on the parts list........you have to order the second #18 on the parts list(which in reality is 8A)...  there are two part # 18's one is the clutch spring and one is the tension spring ........capiche?

Alto Mare

Gotcha snagger! Just make sure you drop in that 18-970 then  ;).
I order lots of parts from Scott's, usually I never look at the schematic.
good luck with that reel. While you're at it, drop another dog in there.

Irish Jigger

FWIW,Chinese and USA reels  use the same tension springs.  Scott's Schematics  for the Chinese 113H2  and the USA 113H both show 8 as part#8-349 and 8A as part#18-970 which agrees with Alto's earlier post.

redsetta

Lads, do you happen to know if #18-970 is slightly thicker, relative to #8-349?
My Tiburon 113H is a frankenreel built from parts and the tension springs could've come from anywhere...
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Justin, the cupped washer part#18-970 is the same diameter as the metal washers in your drag stack. the tension spring for the outside of the stack part# 8-349 is approx. 5mm smaller. If you have US money, it's like comparimg a quarter to a nickle. Your drags will not work properly without the cupped washer on top of your stack.

erikpowell

Hey Sal, twice now i've seen you say, add another dog....  Penn650 Ssm , 113h...
Can you just add a second dog into the 113h ? Is tat what you mean? If so I'll grab my 133hTib and get on it!
Thanks,
Erik

redsetta

Thanks Sal.
The top metal washer is substantially thicker than the drag washers, but I can't recall if it's 'cupped' - will pop it open tonight and review...
Cheers, Justin
PS Erik, here's Sal's double-dog tank: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3083.0

Alto Mare

Justin, if you're going to open that reel up, I'm going to recommend that you keep it open for about a week or so ;). Later. Sal

snagger

Alto, I really like the double dog set up you accomplished . That reel looks bullet proof

redsetta

Quote...keep it open for about a week or so...
Intriguing.  ;)

PS I've reorganised the drag on my Tiburon 113H and changed out the #6-113H for #6-320 as the drag stack was getting crowded in the side plate.
It's now arranged as follows:
1 x #6-113H under the main gear
5 x #6-320 in drag stack
1 x extra-thick keyed metal washer on top
1 x #18-970, then collar etc.
Cheers, Justin